Is this an Alignment problem? (I pray it is)

Tony Toxic JDM

I have a lowered 95 Civic EG....So, it seems after I installed my new camber kit a week ago, It drove fine for a few days till now. Now the steering is loose *only to the right* When I turn right, it goes to about halfway before it steers. but the right turns instantly. It doesn't pull to anyside when I'm holding the wheel *Like described in rack and pinion problems* But if I let go of it does turn right. I at first thought It was my rack and pinion, but I was told by many it wasn't, there isn't any play when I shake the brake back and forth, so the tie rods are fine. Only this is I do have a ripped CV boot on the side where the steering is off. Hopefully that's it, so I can get it aligned and have it at Slammed Society safely. All help would be appreciated=)

cvcrcr99

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
You installed a camber kit, but then didn't get an alignment afterwards?

You should have the car aligned every time you play with suspension. Especially when swapping out parts.

civexspeedy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
What camber kit did you buy? Did you get an alignment done after installing everything?

2 of the biggest questions to rule out a problem with your camber kit... But if you bought a no name cheap camber kit and/or did not get an alignment done, those would most likely be your reasons why your car is doing what it is.

TokyoSkies

Boost Junkie
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Along with what others have asked, did you re-use bushings? That torn CV boot is an issue as well.

emerican

Registered VIP
Agree with everyone else
what kit did you get
did you not get it aligned after it was installed and