Is upgrading to a 2000 Civic Si the best choice?

Going-West

Tree people on my radio
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ive got a sunroof and tweeters biatch!

and my cars stock, so i can't really compare it to anything. its just my personal preference

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
so does my gf's civic ex
it'll be boosted when it gets a little warmer
then it'll have all the luxury and be faster :shock:

i wasnt impressed at all when i bought my gsr....... not much faster than my ol' d16z6

Going-West

Tree people on my radio
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
does he really have a turbo d? cuz i looked in the members garage and it doesnt say turbo, nor do i see a FMIC...if you do though, props!

Going-West

Tree people on my radio
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well like i said, i dont think you can compare a turbo car to a stock car. when i boost it, then we will talk.

J32a2OwnsU

Resident Old Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
He doesnt, I checked. He would still be staring at the ass end of my factory honda....=)

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Going-West said:
does he really have a turbo d? cuz i looked in the members garage and it doesnt say turbo, nor do i see a FMIC...if you do though, props!
it's not getting boosted till it gets a little warmer, the ic is painted flat black... so you wont be able to see it once it's installed anywho :mrgreen:

J32a2OwnsU

Resident Old Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
pop-n-fresh said:
so does my gf's civic ex
it'll be boosted when it gets a little warmer
then it'll have all the luxury and be faster :shock:

i wasnt impressed at all when i bought my gsr....... not much faster than my ol' d16z6
Ifs and buts bro.....

Like GWest said, let me do the same mods as you do and......Oh s**t, MySiIzSTILLFaster!!!! =) ;)

J32a2OwnsU

Resident Old Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
but nice, i want to see it when its done....

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
MySiIzFaster said:
Ifs and buts bro.....

Like GWest said, let me do the same mods as you do and......Oh s**t, MySiIzSTILLFaster!!!! =) ;)
if you read my thread, i dont say the word "if" or "but" one time :laugh:

the same mods done to a b16 would be ~twice as expensive..... wich means after i've bought and installed a mod, you're still saving your money ;)

Going-West

Tree people on my radio
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you get what you pay for. you can push a b16 a lot farther powerwise than a d16....even if it takes more $$ to get there.

J32a2OwnsU

Resident Old Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
pop-n-fresh said:
if you read my thread, i dont say the word "if" or "but" one time :laugh:

the same mods done to a b16 would be ~twice as expensive..... wich means after i've bought and installed a mod, you're still saving your money ;)
You inferred it.... =) :roll: =)

Thats ok, b/c MySiIzFaster (until you get that turbo on it) :D

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Going-West said:
you get what you pay for. you can push a b16 a lot farther powerwise than a d16....even if it takes more $$ to get there.
there-in lies the problem with most people who push the b swaps.... they claim more potential, but reality is that a person only does basic boltons %99 of the time because using the motor's potential is incredibly expensive.

potential doesnt mean d**k if it's not used fully

Going-West

Tree people on my radio
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i understand that. and im not planning on pushing 500whp, i never said i was going to use the potential, to the fullest extent. its the fact that it is there, that makes me like it. and it can handle the power better with two cams, hence 200whp on a b16a2 will last longer, and be more reliable than a forced induction d16 with 200whp. especially if the b16a2 is n/a, and the d16 is turbo, which is highly possible, for a N/A b series

Nickeleye

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Going-West - What have you done to yours to get 200 HP at the wheels?

Today I finally got my adjustable coil overs and springs installed. Adjusted the ride height (from the ground to the edge of the wheel well) to 24-1/2". I think that looks good to me. Any lower and the open space around the tire looks uneven and for my taste I'd rather have a more even arc around the tire. Definitely looks better than stock though. I've also got the camber kit installed so now that it's lowered I won't F-up my alignment... gonna take it in to get aligned sometime in the next week.

That pretty much does it for the parts swapping from my DX so I'm good to go until I buy some other new add-on. I think I'm also going to take off the v-tec stickers off the sides of the car. I think it'll be a much cleaner look without them. Again.. my taste. Hopefully I'll get some pictures up soon once the car gets washed. Would've thought that from all the rain lately in so. cal. the car would be cleaner, but now the car looks worse than ever! Haha. It's going to look nice once it's nice & clean.

Nickeleye

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Pictures

Well, I finally have pictures of the car. Links are below:

Side
Rear
Front-Left
Front-Right

The car isn't in perfect shape yet, but it's getting there. Still have some dents and dings that need to be removed and some touch-up paint here and there, but overall it's not bad. You can see from the photos of the front end that there are some fog lights attached... those came with the car, but aren't hooked up. I haven't even figured out what the story is on them yet. Also, yes I know there's a scrape on the front right section of the bumper lip. I noticed it today after I washed the car... funny the things you notice when you're cleaning your car. Guess that was another one of the minor problems with the car when I bought it. Oh well.

green

You Can DO IT!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
car is looking good! I thought you bought a blue one for some reason. I would take the front honda emblem off, i think it looks a lot cleaner without, and get the OEM fogs man! I love FBP EM1s so much. I don't think I'll ever sell mine. I don't care if it's slow.

Going-West

Tree people on my radio
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
in the words of paris hilton, thats hot.
you should take off the honda emblem though, it looks a lot cleaner IMO.
and yea i love fbp EM1's, and i wouldn't call it slow, its just not fast. i dont plan on keeping it stock either, and they have more than enough potential to become faster than almost anything else on the road.

:edit: where did ur dohc vtec badges go? and yea i think OEM fogs would look better....but the rims look nice and your exaust too. nice job wit the car! :D

Going-West

Tree people on my radio
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Nickeleye said:
Going-West - What have you done to yours to get 200 HP at the wheels?

Today I finally got my adjustable coil overs and springs installed. Adjusted the ride height (from the ground to the edge of the wheel well) to 24-1/2". I think that looks good to me. Any lower and the open space around the tire looks uneven and for my taste I'd rather have a more even arc around the tire. Definitely looks better than stock though. I've also got the camber kit installed so now that it's lowered I won't F-up my alignment... gonna take it in to get aligned sometime in the next week.

That pretty much does it for the parts swapping from my DX so I'm good to go until I buy some other new add-on. I think I'm also going to take off the v-tec stickers off the sides of the car. I think it'll be a much cleaner look without them. Again.. my taste. Hopefully I'll get some pictures up soon once the car gets washed. Would've thought that from all the rain lately in so. cal. the car would be cleaner, but now the car looks worse than ever! Haha. It's going to look nice once it's nice & clean.
oh haha, i dont have 200whp, i was just debating with pop-n-fresh about how 200whp on a b16a2 is more reliable than a d16, because it can handle more power, and how you can get it without a turbo, which is a lot harder on a d-series. and i just noticed your decision about the vtec stickers, i thought they just werent there. its your taste, its your car, so cool :D

Nickeleye

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yeah, decided to remove them. I think it's got a cleaner look without them. Nice thing about stickers is you can always buy new ones if you really want them back.

Tap it

NA is Best!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
my opinion is to swap it and save the money instead of buying a em1. im in the same boat as you and im just going to swap in a year.
plus if you swap youll be lighter just like anf pointed out.