iSpeed's LS Vtec EJ2 - Restoration Project

iSpeed

lets play catch up lol

iSpeed, on 19 Feb 2014 - 11:38
UPDATE TIME! Here is some pics to keep you guys updated...i forgot to take pics of EVERYTHING i bought, but the ones im posting has most of it anyways

F2 Type 1 Coilovers
NEW Upper Control Arms
NEW Bushings
NEW Tie Rod Upper and Lower
NEW End Links
NEW Lower Ball Joints
Exedy Pro-Kit Clutch kit
F1 Flywheel 9.5 pound
Hasport Motor Mounts 62a
New Starter
New Rack and Pinion Boots
New Power Steering bolts
New PS Belt
Honda MTF Trans Fluid

total part cost : $1500~

took me awhile to buy everything and save up some cash, but i decided to show my car some love...I took the car to my mechanic a week ago with all the parts, he gave me a heck of a deal to do everything for $585...until he told me that i need a Auto to Manual Hasport mount, which isnt a problem since the dealer i got it from can help me out with the right part.

today my mechanic called and told me that everything is done, but the clutch, he cannot get it to disengage, he also said my flywheel is from AASCO and its a 8 pound wheel and is going to swap in my old fly wheel with my new one to see if that is the problem to my clutch. He overhauled my entire clutch system and cannot get the clutch to disengage...so now he is inspecting my transmission internally before installing it and trying to make the car be ready today or tomorrow

more pics later when i receive my car :D

iSpeed, on 19 Feb 2014 - 12:56, said:

one of many stickers i collected from my purchases, saw a picture of my coilovers after they settled in and they are sitting on top of my wheels lol, mechanic loves the look but is going to raise it as he cannot get the car to move, not going to share that picture *tease*

Mech. Update:
inspected the Clutch Fork, its not bent, tranny was opened up and inspected and everything looks good, clutch removed and inspected and everything looks the way they should be, he is going to add washers/spacers in certain locations to see if that will get the clutch to disengage with my new 9.5 pound flywheel, if he cannot get it to work, he is going to remove the flywheel and see what is the difference with the AASCO flywheel i had previously and the F1 Flywheel i just bought...other then that, he is stumped on what it may be...going to give him another call in a few hours to see whats up

iSpeed, on 24 Feb 2014 - 13:59, said:
Mechanic Update: after inspecting everything, he found out that the clutch disc is defective. He replaced it with my old disc and it worked like a charm. So now we are disputing it with gripforces to see if they can give me another clutch.

the car is also a mess! going to clean and drive it tonight with the old clutch with my mechanic to see how everything feels, then dropping it off again for another week or so to get a new clutch disc installed hopefully...F2 coilovers are at stock height and wont be going down till my new tires show up =)

EDIT: pics of the defective clutch...

iSpeed, on 17 Mar 2014 - 15:19, said:
UPDATE: everything is being put on hold at the moment due to us trying to buy a home, if we dont buy a home, we are going to jump in a rental home and use the money to finish my ride and start on our newly acquired accord, in the mean time, here are some pics of my mechanics new EG with Type R Swap

iSpeed, on 20 May 2014 - 11:37, said:
what ive been up to? lemme show you...

Moved out of the apartments, and left the car there with a friend, getting neglected and abused by the animals and weather...

picked up denji replicas, just for a future project i wanna do

poor girl...decided to call her Blanca (white in spanish)

then something amazing showed up on my door step

and she came back home to me

around this time, i have been facing a lot of issues with my life and decided to ride rough

decided to go lower in the rear, not going lower in front cause my fenders cause i still gotta daily drive it for now...you can see the EJ1 sticker in the windows, the rest of the EJ1OC sticker got messed up :(

then went a littttle more lower in the rear

Now i have at least another 4 spins left in the rear, but going to raise it soon as my exhaust in the rear likes to scrape, and i aint looking to patch up holes lol

thats it for now...if you pray, keep me and my wife in your prayers, we might be facing a tough decision after our vacation from Puerto Rico

iSpeed, on 11 Nov 2014 - 13:58, said:
I have not done much to the car but enjoy it, lowered it and raised it, raced it, and fixed it, little things here and there, but its still going strong!

me with my co-workers V10 SRT10 Dodge Ram

raised it up and zeroed the camber, and basically drove it around Florida

this is me with my wife's EJ8, after awhile her car started acting up, and decided to do a headgasket and full tune up

fresh head shave, then after a few months, the motor started acting up again...so instead of rebuilding it, we are going to put a LS in it and be done with her car

cleaned her up before going to the Sunday Runday around here, did a few pulls then BOOM, blew up my tranny screaming 2nd to 3rd, pretty much lost all gears and had to have my friends drop it off at my mechanic shop which was already close by.

after a few calls, i started to make things happen again with the car being out of commision for a few weeks...picked up a LS tranny with a fresh rebuild on it, 7.5 Fidenza Flywheel, just ordered a ACT Maxx Xtreme Racing Clutch, suitable for 480 TQ, waiting for pay day to get my AC parts done and over with, a better PS pump, and the remainder of my Turbo setup. Already talked to the Tuner and i should be doing 350+ hp on low boost, and close to 460+ hp on 15psi, depending if i get my forged internals in time.

then this miracle happend to my car! We got a insurance check and it paid for my paint job!

still working on getting this huge dent out, but so far so good

soon i will be doing the engine bay, first need to finish my performance mods lol

iSpeed

Midori Green Pearl is the final outcome. cannot wait till i get to drive my car again!

iSpeed, on 14 Nov 2014 - 11:03, said:

under side of the hood is painted, painter is going to try to save the top part, but if its not 100%, he gonna order a new hood, and cut this one up as a half hood to show off the bay

painter surprised me and started doing my VC, wasnt planned but he knows he has left over midori green pearl paint

the jams are all finished, all dusty at the moment but you get the picture

there was a huge dent there!!! he pulled it out and barely used bondo!

he had to raise the car to fit the fenders, he is currently getting ready to piece the car back together for the 3 stage paint

dat camber doe! lol, pictures dont do justice...and the dust doesnt help

dat butt doe!

dont mind my garbage lol, i didnt have time to clean out the car since its still with a blown tranny

ugh...cant wait till its done...painter is going to be sending me step by step pics of the car, and it should be done within a week or 2, still waiting on parts to show up to get it running again, but till then, this is my cars new home lol

iSpeed, on 17 Nov 2014 - 10:14, said:
today is PAINT DAY! the day i have been waiting, for many years...im probably going to get emotional when i see the car all put back together :D

currently finishing up the masking, then i believe its prep then paint

thats a wrap for now, i dont want to see my car until its fully assembled, should be driving it for break-in about a week or 2 from now

iSpeed, on 18 Nov 2014 - 11:47, said:
well its not Wet Paint Wednesday, but I'm so excited to finally see my car in this state! As soon as I got the call that the car has finished being sprayed, I left work early and picked up my wife and went to go see the car. I teared when i saw it lol, and my wife was super happy! I stopped by the shop again this morning to get better shots, but unfortunately the weather is cold, wet, and miserable and couldnt get pics of it outside...so i took pics of it still inside, getting ready for the wet sand, buff and polish

iSpeed

they got it outside to cure a little more to wetsand, buff, and polish...i decided to go with my wife to sneak inside and check it out

ordering new rear lower control arms, rear camber kit, and rear brace, waiting for parts to show up now...the wait is killing me