It's a funny story actually

jakeeton1002

Respected
So I went AWOL from Club Civic for a little while, and in that time I actually traded in the hatch. I bought a 2013 Ford Focus SE and had some big plans for it

I owned it for a month exactly 11/03-12/03.

Now onto the story, I was driving down a back road going home at night, and I was going the speed limit, not pushing the car. Just cruising.
1. Because it was wet, and 2. Because my kids were in the back seat.

Along that narrow road was a tree line about 4 feet from the road. I try to be as aware as possible when driving down this particular road, and with this I didn't have a chance to prevent some sort of collision.

I hit a deer, hard.

The doe ran out into the road as I was about to pass her, by the time I glanced over she was already making contact with the front end

That picture is minutes after it happened.

I knew the car was totaled.

So I get the car home, the adjuster comes out later that week and they initially weren't going to total it. But she went ahead and totaled it because she knew the mechanical portion of the inspection would total it.

Luckily I work at the dealership where I traded my civic in, and we still had it. I ended up buying it back (must be fate right?)

Kinda lucky/unlucky, it's just crazy that I was able to get my old car back with the same mileage I traded it in with.

blandsarcasm

Respected
Registered VIP
Crazy story! That's a very clean hatch I would've been very conflicted letting it go in the first place

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk