JDM Console with SatNav Conversion

creizlein

I have a 1998 Honda Civic with the standard console (or at least, the regular one in my country) and i want to know if someone has performed a JDM conversion, specifically to the one shown in the picture.

My current console

JDM Console

Regardless the satnav/cd/monitor connectors which I'm not worried about i want to know if the heater/AC/air connectors would be the same or if its possible to convert?

Regards,

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Its been done before. Research it further. If I recall correctly, you'll have to splice into the wiring because the Sat/Nav harness are different. I also believe those AC will not properly line up with the '96-'98 Civic, only the '99-'00 models. Furthermore, you will not have temp control because yours is analog and that one is digital. You'd also have to swap the air box underneath the glove compartment to that from a '99-'00 model. You should've researched this before buying just the console cover.

creizlein

Fair enough, i assume swapping the whole airbox underneath is not something i would like to do but maybe it was possible to get the current controls working with a custom wiring or something, regardless the temp control... Not worried about the satnav wiring as that is pretty much easy and new as mine doesnt have any satnav...

But thanks for the heads up, its a good start =)