JDM Coupe Birth To Death...

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
oh and for the voltmeter... hmm i really dont remember.. i THINK its hooked to an interior power wire???maybe stereo power wire?

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
99cleanCIVICex said:
Wow man, your car is looking good. Nice clean engine bay, interior looks cool too. Do you know your 1/4 mile time??????
thanks a lot.. and as stated.. im not too into the track.. i mostly just race on the street...

racerx661 said:
gotta luv the juice...nice ride bro

yes i definately love nitrous.. im really loyal to it, and really quick to defend it whan people say silly things like "nitrous ruins motors" its just not true.. ive had NO issues with it at all...

thanks for the compliment..

brookliner7

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Looks clean,!
Any major engine mods besides the bolt ons in the pics? CLutch? chip? ignition timing? etc?
How big of a shot with that dry kit? 50 i'm guessing?
well, if you street race what kind of cars can you beat?

DXisb16a

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
cool, yea i tryed soething like that for guages in the din but i can't get something right? like did u use the stero piece and just cut the plexi to fit inside that? or did u cut that and just make the plexi for the whole din?

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
brookliner7 said:
Looks clean,!
Any major engine mods besides the bolt ons in the pics? CLutch? chip? ignition timing? etc?
How big of a shot with that dry kit? 50 i'm guessing?
no "major mods" heres a total list... and as far as the nitrous goes... anywhere from 50-70 ive run up to 70...

Modifications

Engine
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Short Air Intake with K&N Filter
Nology Hot Wire
Vortech Fuel Pressure Regulator
Removed Cruis Control and Wiper Assembly
NOS Nitrous Kit
NOS Purge
NOS Bottle Heater
Rebuilt Tranny with ACT Clutch Kit
Energry Suspension Bushing Kit
Lightspeed 4-2-1 Header
Apex N-1 Cat-Back Exhaust
MSD Blaster Coil
MSD Cap
P28 ecu with obd1 conversion harness

interior
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Recaro Seats
Auto Power Roll Cage
Relocated Honda head Unit with 6-disc changer
OEM Honda JDM EK9 Shift Boot
OEM Honda JDM EK9 Shift knob
OEM Honda DX Center Console (to eliminate arm rest)
OEM Honda DX Gauge Cluster (to eliminate tach)
300mm MoMo Monte Carlo Steering Wheel
MoMo Hub Adapter
Gauge Bezel Gauge Pod
Autometer Carbon Fiber Tach with Shift Light
Autometer Carbon Fiber Voltage Gauge
Autometer Carbon Fiber Nitrous Pressure Gauge
Autometer Carbon Fiber Air Fuel Gauge
Autometer Carbon Fiber Fuel Pressure Gauge
Autometer Fuel Pressure Isolator
Gutted Interior
Apex Vafc
Custom Switch Panel with Purge, Heater, and Arming Switches
B&M Short Shifter
Corbeau Harnesses

Exterior
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

JDM 96-98 Yellow SiR Fog Lights
OEM Honda JDM EK9 Side Molding
OEM Honda JDM EK9 Headlights With City Lights
OEM Honda SIR Front Lip
HID Kit
Ion Yellow turn signal bulbs
OEM Honda 99-00 Tail Lights
CTR Style Front Grill
VIS Generation 1 Carbon Fiber Hood
Spoon Carbon Fiber Mirrors
Front and Rear Benen Tow Hooks
Rota Black Slipstream 15" Rims
Falken Azenis 205/R15 Performance Tires
OEM Honda License Plate Plugs
TEIN Super Street Coilovers

brookliner7 said:
well, if you street race what kind of cars can you beat?
because of where we are... ive raced a lot of domestics.. and ive beaten and run with a lot of mid 14 second cars.. and i lose to high 13 second cars...

so somewhere in there?

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
DXisb16a said:
cool, yea i tryed soething like that for guages in the din but i can't get something right? like did u use the stero piece and just cut the plexi to fit inside that? or did u cut that and just make the plexi for the whole din?
the factory hole is larger than a din... a din is the exact size hole for an aftermarket stereo... so i cut the plate one din large... then i put in the radio install border then snapped the plate into the trim

civicnoob

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
nice dude...u are seriously making me think about the nitrous for el coche!

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
civicnoob said:
nice dude...u are seriously making me think about the nitrous for el coche!
if done correctly it can ad more torque and hp than any other bolt on part, and is much cheaper than turbo..

banzai

Exit Speed Garage
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ok cool, for some reason I thought you auto x'ed...maybe because you said something about the roll cage...oh well, your right about the street racing. tis the best around!

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Tainted Ramen said:
ok cool, for some reason I thought you auto x'ed...maybe because you said something about the roll cage...oh well, your right about the street racing. tis the best around!
i think someone asked if it was "just for show" or something... so i think that is where it came from...

Rubixcu7 said:
Somebody Cover That Cam Gear Quick!
lol it will be fine...

BlackEJ84 said:
i like this car a lot.................. ive seen it at www.sinmotorsports.com

lol your a geek.. i think that maybe wed. or thurs. you could come over and we could fix all the things on the site...

brookliner7

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
oc_civic said:
because of where we are... ive raced a lot of domestics.. and ive beaten and run with a lot of mid 14 second cars.. and i lose to high 13 second cars...

so somewhere in there?
what elevation are you at?

are those cars that are mid 14's running those times with slicks, street slicks, or street tires?

I seriously recommend taking it to the track...that if you are so into "drag racing" you'll find a whole new perspective for the REAL racers who take it to the track.

If you're a real racer, I say take it the track man....that's where the real racers go, and where you earn real respect. Cuz the rest is just jr high he said she said b*llsh*t, and that's ghey.

good luck!

Ps, car looks awesome!=)

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
brookliner7 said:
what elevation are you at?QUOTE]
no idea....
brookliner7 said:
are those cars that are mid 14's running those times with slicks, street slicks, or street tires?
street tires for the most part.. some drag radials... i have not been out raicng in a LONG time.. i have some old pics around somewhere if i can find them..

brookliner7 said:
I seriously recommend taking it to the track...that if you are so into "drag racing" you'll find a whole new perspective for the REAL racers who take it to the track.
ive seen a lot.. im only 27 years old but have seen SICK s**t... ive seen 9 sec cars make passes on the street.. and well to say they are not REAL racers just because they choose an illegal venue over a legal track is just close minded... you cant possibly understand unless youve been there... this is NOT some 50 cars with wings and altezzas circle jerking each other and making up times... that i have no time for.. the places that ive raced on the street have been very well organized.. and although i have respect for ALL racing.. i have the most respect for people who can control a single digit car on an unprepped road.. that is something that is indescribable to see... in my time street racing i have seen NO accidents.. NO one hurt.. NO drugs or alcohol.... i just hink that when i say "street racing" what you perseve.. is a bunch of highschoolers.. with 17 second cars talking about runnign 12's.. and that is just not the case... in fact.. the slowest cars there were high 14's... my car is NOT fast.. im just trying to explain what it is im tlaking about..

brookliner7 said:
If you're a real racer, I say take it the track man....that's where the real racers go, and where you earn real respect. Cuz the rest is just jr high he said she said b*llsh*t, and that's ghey.
this is opinion.. i think what you MAY be getting at is that my car is not a 14 second car.. and it might in fact not be.. but lets just do the math.. my car AT THE MOTOR stock makes 127.. add a 70 shot.. and that is 197 pk the motor and a pretty decent amount of torque... and then whatever bolt ons ad (next to nothing i know.. but whatever.. minus driveline loss.. is still decent... almost 200 at the motor.. so for a honda.. for a single cam.. its decently quick.. back to the whole the only place you get respect is the track.. well let me tell you.. to me.. i prefer the cars reasonable normal performance.. i HATE more than anything, a car that guts everything prior to going to the track.. loads up the slicks... turns up the boost.. and runs a second and a half faster at the track.. thats cooll and all.. but its just not me.. i like to run cars that are driven as is.. and thats just me.. i DO however respect that the track is safer.. and i DO respect that some people prefer it.. but that is just not me man.. one day ill maybe go back.. but probably not for a while...

brookliner7 said:
good luck!
thanks...

brookliner7 said:
Ps, car looks awesome!=)
thanks again! ;)

Last edited:

AqueousFila

Keeping it Tru'
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Nice ride man, can u take some more shots of the engine, specifically the nitrous setup, im thinking of doing it soon and have been researching the various routes to take... right now i have read and printed off and reread over 60 pages of nitrous information...

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
AqueousFila said:
Nice ride man, can u take some more shots of the engine, specifically the nitrous setup, im thinking of doing it soon and have been researching the various routes to take... right now i have read and printed off and reread over 60 pages of nitrous information...
definately.. and feel free to hit me up on aim.. xoccivicx

there is a thread i posted in, in the engine tech section that has a good intro to nitrous... check it out..