just bought a 1990 ef hatch 5 speed and i got 1000 for upgrades help?

JDMefHATCH7

5+ Year Member
sooo i finally got a hatch i wanted this or an eg but this came up so i got it...cars stock to the bone...virgin from this old guy(really) its 5 speed im f**king happy..overall the cars not in bad condition gold paint good tires and even the the ZC engine has 254k its running strong... i just sold my 91 well kept corolla for 1000 since i had to get rid of it quick for my hatch parking spot...im not new to hondas however i kinda am to this gen...im already getting GSR fat fives...other than that i dont know what to spend my money on i got 1000 help please? enough for a swap ?

alsoo

my interior is f&^$#cked upppppppppp i really need one asap center console dash cluster rug doos panels you name it...if anyone has a black interior please let me know other than that im new to clubcivic...:cool:

Last edited:

s_crowley 17

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
spend that 1000 on the most important interior pieces...

Id save for a gsr swap.. ($3000ish) that would be cool to see

JDMefHATCH7

5+ Year Member
wordddddd ima take some pics and put the links...

anybody know a site where i can get interior parts?

JDMefHATCH7

5+ Year Member
i know im getting GSR fat fives tmrw or monday hopefully...hmmm im not gona drop it ive had bad experiences dropping my cars...maybe ill cut a loop off the stock springs...untill i actually find a good set of coilovers or so i dont wanna end up messing up my bumbers or give it a 'ricer' look. thanks though

still looking for interios parts!

boosted_zc

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Get some tein stechs

my car 2 years ago with the stech and white fat fives with 195/55r15s for tires

other than that id start saving for boost=)

yellowbone12

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
for interior parts check honda-tech.com.... I think you should do the basics for now and save for a killer swap.. I had a b16 swap in my crx, it pulled hard as hell. Now i upgraded to a b20vtec she is now a monster. whatever you do, take your time and plan it out.

boosted_zc

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
id also get rid of the mud flaps cause once you lower it you can say goodbye to them and either get clear or amber corners(your preference) and a nice lip kit, si front and 90 integra front lip mounted on the rear is a good combo and can be picked up cheap

JDMefHATCH7

5+ Year Member
how much do those springs go for?

and yeah i know definitely i needa get new corner ambers i just havent had the time i got it wednesday lol
i was thinking of going b20? is it easy?

boosted_zc

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
teins are like 200 i think, and for a b20 youll need mounts and axels and shift linkage plus find a b18 b17 or b16 cable tranny and a clutch and flywheel also and you'll need to switch it to obd1... honestly id save the money on swapping in a bseries and just boost your zc instead, will be way more fun than a b20

vadeed

5+ Year Member
I bet you could get a pretty nice exhaust system(Greddy maybe) for under 1000, Also nice clean civic good buy

JDMefHATCH7

5+ Year Member
lol idkk mannnnnnn ZC series is older and even though ive head DOHC ZC's are worth it but im not too sure...
and ill see about the teins..

4bangincivic

sup
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I bet you could get a pretty nice exhaust system(Greddy maybe) for under 1000, Also nice clean civic good buy
under a 1000? how about WAY under a thousand..i got mine of ebay for under 300 shipped and it sounds friggin great

first i would

suspension mods (always fun in 4gens)
new short ram or cold air intake
exhaust+header
wheels and rubber
:thumbup:

89true1

5+ Year Member
if i were you i would go buy an Ls swap. than still have about 300 to play with, i would also get some coilovers and exhuast.

JDMefHATCH7

5+ Year Member
im really thinking....

DOHC ZC
or B16....

whats the price for each...

and btw i got a 4 spd tranny >=/ i thought it was 5 speed -.- lol

Last edited:

JDMefHATCH7

5+ Year Member
if i were you i would go buy an Ls swap. than still have about 300 to play with, i would also get some coilovers and exhuast.

well where can i find an ls swap at that price...and what else do i need to get it done?

Ls is a 1.8
SOHC or DOHC 1.8?

under a 1000? how about WAY under a thousand..i got mine of ebay for under 300 shipped and it sounds friggin great

first i would

suspension mods (always fun in 4gens)
new short ram or cold air intake
exhaust+header
wheels and rubber
:thumbup:

dammn greddy?
i dont know man i dont want a ricery fartcan...and later on when i swap my engine car i still use it with different headers?

Last edited by a moderator: