Just found out I have a jdm d15b engine in my car

daltonshirley68

So I have been doing research on engine and found out my car has a jdm d15b engine in it what does that mean is it good or bad it is vtech and what's the difference in hp and I read that jdm are like just d15b but us are d15b7 is that true does the jdm only have letter and not a letter and number at the end

Sent from my SM-G530R4 using Tapatalk

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
So I have been doing research on engine and found out my car has a jdm d15b engine in it what does that mean is it good or bad it is vtech and what's the difference in hp and I read that jdm are like just d15b but us are d15b7 is that true does the jdm only have letter and not a letter and number at the end

Keep doing this to get your answers.

daltonshirley68

Well I those things have been answered in my research I just want to know if it's true and what your guys opinion is on turbo these engine because it's not really stock

daltonshirley68

And my next question is can I turbo this engine without blowing it.i can really fine any research

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Are you sure the head and bock are D15B or just the block? The head should have the dual solenoid vtec on the top left. If it checks out as such, you're one lucky b@stard. Post some pictures to confirm it all.

daltonshirley68

Why would I be lucky I thought the jdm came with a d16 head can I turbo it will it last long

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
That looks to me like a D16Y8 or Y7 head so its probably just the D15B block. That also doesnt look like the dual-stage vtec. Please be much more specific with your last question as I dont know which one of the many JDM options and D16 options you could be referring to. I'm not familiar with the mini-me swaps to be the one answering turbo questions, but I believe you still have a solid base for it.

daltonshirley68

Why would someone do that do a mini me swap on that engine.what does that head do different then the original head

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Research it. Mini-me swaps are incredibly common for D-series engines. The reasons could range from someone already having the parts, or getting them from a friend, or finding a good deal, or they just wanted that set up, the list can go on. There's no point in understanding why right now, just understanding what you have and going from there.