Just got a 2001 Civic Coupe

bobbyoconnor

Goldie Locks
Hey Guys,

I was recently in an accident with my old car (Honda CRV). After finally getting my dad to allow me to purchase a civic, I managed to get my hands on a nice 2001 Honda Civic Coupe. It's a nice gold one and has nothing special in it as I bought it from a dealer. My question is is it worth tricking or suping up (whichever you perfer to call it) or are the only good Civics the hatchbacks as that's what I seem to see in all the Youtube vids. So far I love the car and would love your guys input into this.

Thanks for the help and I'm excited about my civic and the civic community,

Bobby O'Connor

Ps. If you could Tell me how to put up pics I would be more than happy to post a pic of my car.

Kensai

♪♫♪♫♪~
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Welcome. It depends on what you plan to do with it, tricking it out might not be worth it for you at all, although a little drop never hurt anybody ;). Upload pics on photobucket/imageshack(both are free sites) and then you can come the img url from there and post it here as a picture. I always liked that gold color from 01-05 civics

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Inca pearl, love that color.......is it automatic or manual? And what do you want out of the car? Do you want to go fast in a straight line, good handling, look good?

bobbyoconnor

Goldie Locks
Thank you. I like the color too. It's automatic, but right now I'm looking into getting a manual transmission for it. I want it to be able to go fast for like streetlight races and all that good jazz. I just wanted to know whether or not it is worth upgrading since it's a coupe?

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Again, depends on what you REALLY want out of it. Unfortunately, an auto to manual swap isnt as easy as just putting the new 5spd in. Also, there arent many parts for our beloved 7th gens. I think lower it a little bit first. Thats hopefully one of my future plans. Then start looking into better wheels, tires, and then possibly a turbo kit. It just takes some research and time. Oh....also......no turbo for automatics.

bobbyg5502

Nice color. Is it ex or lx/dx? AKA: vtec or not? A good addition to do is the d16y8 intake manifold swap. Also a nitrous system is a good bang for buck install. Especially for stock.

daddy

If you have any questions on running nitrous on the D17 let me know we've run it for 3 years and are currently working on a direct injection setup pushing a 100 shot

DRISSN

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I love my 7th gen. It may not be the fastest car on the road... well not by a long shot, but it looks sweet, drives sweet, and is comfortable as hell. Only thing i would trade mine for is an 8th gen si.

Civic_Addict

Civic_Addict
5+ Year Member
I love my 7th gen. It may not be the fastest car on the road... well not by a long shot, but it looks sweet, drives sweet, and is comfortable as hell. Only thing i would trade mine for is an 8th gen si.
Amen!^^ I've always loved two factory colors on the seventh gen. Clover Green pearl, which is what I have or the Incan pearl. What a nice car. You've got it good and got very lucky with such a good looking seventh gen. Welcome to the club.

bobbyoconnor

Goldie Locks
nice car man! whats your plans for it besides manual swap?
Well I want to tune up the engine and drop the body, but unfortunately, I am very very new to the car scene. I also want to get black rims , tint and a custom stereo system along with blacked out headlights and tail lights. Like I said though, I'm just searching and absorbing everything I can right now. I love the car so much, that I'd be willing to keep the body and redo the engine and internals opposed to buying a newer model.

Civic_Addict

Civic_Addict
5+ Year Member
Sounds like a plan. I would keep the headlights the way they are so you can see where you're driving at night, and so people know when you are stopping. But if you like it than thats all that matters! Have a good build!