Just got my '05 Civic's Compliance Bushing replaced, burning smell afterwards

Panda Man

Hello all, I hope I am asking this in the right place. Just a quick question: I just got the compliance bushing and lower ball joint replaced on the left front tire on my '05 Honda Civic. When I got it home, I could smell burning rubber coming from the tire. I noticed no such smell until after I got home, and mechanic didn't mention anything about there possibly being a smell. I google'd around and saw that a lot of people would burn the old bushing off when replacing it, so my question is basically should I be worried about the smell? I plan on calling the dealership Monday morning, but I will likely need my car before then.

Thank you for reading, have a great day!

lowlife9

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yes some people burn off the old rubber then cut the metal bushing out when they don't have the proper tools tools im guessing a dealership would have. did they do an alignment when they were done ???

Panda Man

Thanks for the reply, they did do an alignment check and the invoice said that the alignment was within specs. They said the process would take about 3 hours, and it ended up only taking them about 1.5, which was part of my concern :P