K-sport 32 adjustable coilovers

LanceVigil

i just installed front and rear coil overs and the rear are at the lowest setting possible but the wheels aren't as low as the rear. the rear is adjusted about half way to the lowest setting and the wheels in the rear are tucked under the fender but the fronts are not. does anyone have any info or know how or if the fronts will go lower so i can tuck the front to the same as the rear. the car is racked upwards right now and its a pretty big eye sore, it's not how i want my car to look thats why i bought these coil over. thanks to anyone that can help

Mishimoto

Product Manufacturer
5+ Year Member
Interesting, can you post a picture showing how much of a difference there is? Is there a chance the front and rear coilovers were mixed up?

Thanks

LanceVigil

theres isn't a huge difference about an inch or less but its easily noticeable i'm getting new tires and rims soon, looking at the axis 15" OG on 45 or 50s. that might fix something cause i have one tire thats a different rating. so once i get those i can post a pic it's nearly impossible to mix the front and rear up. someone would have to do some serious fabrication to putt the front on the rear vis versa

LanceVigil

i was thinking about mugen or skunk 2 but went with the k-sport cause i was in need of other parts as well and i got some good review from someone i know about them

Blayze2010

5th gen lover
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Yeah def get rid of the k sports, Ive had a bad run in with their product before.

Hendo

Sporting Lunatic Fringe
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Somebody said K-sports and D2s come off the same line. I've had my D2s for over 5 years now. They're hard as granite even at a high ride setting, but I've never had a problem.

Mishimoto

Product Manufacturer
5+ Year Member
Somebody said K-sports and D2s come off the same line. I've had my D2s for over 5 years now. They're hard as granite even at a high ride setting, but I've never had a problem.
I've got K-Sports on my Mazda. I will admit they are pretty stiff(especially for a DD), but other than that I have no complaints. :cool:

90wagon

Don't know if this would help but from what people tell me and my experience with ksport's the rears don't go as low as far as sleeve adjustment and not messing with the pre load. Here is how my ksport's looked on my wagon, 2500lbs +/- a few >>

Car: Honda Civic Wagon RT4wd
Wheel size: 15x8 0 offset
Tire size: 165/50r15

Before:
Brand: Ksport CHD010-KP Kontrol Pro Damper System (F)9.8/549kg/lbs (R)5/280kg/lbs
Front and rear slightly tucked
Front: i still got an inch lower on the sleeves, pre load not touched.
Rear: bottomed out on the sleeves, pre load not touched.
Camber: (F) -3.8 (R) -4.0
Suspension setting: I'm on the highest setting.

After:
Brand: Ksport CHD010-KP Kontrol Pro Damper System (F)12kg replacement spring from ksport (R)9.8/549kg/lbs
Front tucked and rear got a inch gap due to the stiffer spring.
Front: i still got 3/4 of an inch +/- lower on the sleeves, pre load not touched.
Rear: bottomed out on the sleeves, pre load not touched.
Camber: (F) -2.5 (R) -2.0
Suspension setting: I'm on the highest setting.

I moved my 9.8kg springs to the rear and got some 12k replacement springs for the front and as you can see since i got a higher spring rate on the rear they don't go as low as with the 5kg that i had which makes sense if i'm bottomed out already and add a stiffer spring which isn't going to compress as much ending with a higher stance but better suspension feel.

LanceVigil

these are mine this is the front

and these are the rear

I'm getting new rims soon so when i get them i want it be able to figure out why the front won't lower any more so i can have it just the way i want, is it possible that my only option is to buy lowering springs?

90wagon

That's weird that your ksport can't go lower in the front....i still got another 3/4 inch of lowering. Its normally the opposite, rear can't go as low as other brands due to design in my opinion. I don't doubt your adjusting your ride height the correct way i say just go to a local tuner shop and ask them to inspect your suspension set-up or have a friend double check everything with just a jack, flashlight and a level ground for a quick visual then and only then you will find out your possible problem if any, just get a second opinion cause the problem might be a simple fix. I do know that ksport sells replacement springs with different spring rate but i don't know if they sell lowering springs with different spring rate for their coil over systems.

mike33

Would there be a Group Buy discount available, if you had enough customers?

And what kind of price would we be looking at?

Thank you.