Key fob not engaging locks | KARR alarm system

RaySar

5+ Year Member
So my 2000 Civic LX has an aftermarket "KARR" alarm system installed which is accompanied by the "KARR ELVAT5H" remote key fob. I assume the previous owner/dealership installed this alarm system.

Usually when I press the alarm engage button on the key fob, I hear ONE beep, followed by the door locks locking. When I press the disengage button, I hear TWO beeps and the locks unlocking.

Today, I pressed the alarm engage button, I heard the ONE beep, but the locks DID NOT lock, and obviously the I heard the TWO beeps to disengage but the locks weren't locked in the first place.
WEIRD!
I immediately opened the door, tried the power locks from inside. IT WORKED!
WHICH brings me to my confusion of WHY, all of the sudden the key fob has made the locks unresponsive?

I did, however, find a set of programming instructions for my KARR key fob from a 3rd party site. I can perhaps use this to reset my alarm system? Unfortunately the company does not have its own website and can only be contacted via phone.

KARR ELVAT5H Programming Instructions

To add additional remotes to your system:

1. Enter the vehicle and turn the ignition to ON.
2. Press the valet button 3 times. The LED will flash once, and the siren or horn will chirp once.
3. Hold down the Arm/Disarm transmitter button for three seconds (if using clone remote either press LOCK or UNLOCK instead of Arm/Disarm.)
4. Press the valet button once. The LED will flash twice and the siren or horn will chirp twice.
5. Hold down the TRUNK button for three seconds.
6. Press the valet button once. The LED will flash thrice and the siren or horn will chirp thrice.
7. Hold down the Panic button for three seconds.
8. Turn vehicle OFF.

Some help would be great. Using the key to unlock it has gotten the KARR panic alarm to flare up, so I rather not do so in a residential area.

Thanks!