Keyless and stereo not working

Johnson5607

I have a 04 Honda civic I put a new stereo system in it now my keyless won't work or stereo won't work I check all fuses and replace them still nothing what is the problem

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Do a google search on swapping a stereo into your model. A lot of civics have the keyless run through the stereo system and require special steps when installing an aftermarket one. There are how to articles discussing what to do, you just have to dig and find them.

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Do a google search on swapping a stereo into your model. A lot of civics have the keyless run through the stereo system and require special steps when installing an aftermarket one. There are how to articles discussing what to do, you just have to dig and find them.
Agreed. In some cars, some people simply cut the radio-specific wires at the stock radio harness and leave the rest plugged in and hide the unit behind the dash, provided theres space in the car involved.
So :google: it.

Johnson5607

I put the old one back in and still nothing do I need to put the dash all back together for it to work

As of all the screws stuff like that

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I put even thing back to the way it was the stock stereo will not tearn on or will my keyless entry
Dude, slow down and write a coherent response. Here's my translation of your seemingly drunk post.

I reconnected the stock stereo as it was and it will not turn on, nor will my keyless entry work.

If thats the case then re-check the wiring and the fuses. Its possible you crossed some wires or shorted out the radio during all this. Radio wiring is not difficult so those will be the only options to consider. I'd throw in the potential of a stock wired amp having an issue if only the stock radio had issues but that wouldnt effect the keyless entry.

Last edited: