Keyless entry not working!!!

white89hatch

Polar White ED6
5+ Year Member
My friends keyless entry isnt working. He has an 01 Civic Ex he just recently installed a Panasonic cd player and he said thats when everything started to mess up. Anyone have any ideas of whats wrong?

TheWingMang

Good news everyone!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Keyless entry equipment is in the stock radio. I thought it was just in the 96-00s, but maybe not

96greencivic

#1 in the Atlantic!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
white89hatch said:
So he wont be able to have keyless unless he installs his stock radio?
IDK ? We have an 04 Ex, but it has a Kenwood HU and Avital security. Our friend has an 01 Ex and she had a Kenwood HU installed and her stock keyless works fine.

Astheros

AMPhotography
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i believe you have to keepthe stock radio in there somehow. i thought that was only for 96-98 models though. i though 99 and up didnt need the radio in there.

96greencivic

#1 in the Atlantic!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Astheros said:
i believe you have to keepthe stock radio in there somehow. i thought that was only for 96-98 models though. i though 99 and up didnt need the radio in there.
I'm pretty sure he shouldn't be having an issue since my friend has the OE keyless and aftermarket HU. No problems on her car.

1999stockaccord

Honduh's... LULZ
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Only 96-98's keyless and security systems are tied to the radio

Check all the fuses and connections... clean out the remote and replace the battery

cujo613

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
white89hatch said:
He has an 01 Civic Ex he just recently installed a Panasonic cd player and he said thats when everything started to mess up.

He messed something up when he put it in, thats my guess