1. New Forum Software:
    We have finally upgraded the forum software due to it being so outdated. If you are having any issues with new forum please let us know. Please post any issues in this thread http://www.clubcivic.com/forum/threads/clubcivic-com-forum-upgrade.227221/

Keyless entry not working!!!

Discussion in 'Interior / Audio / Electronics' started by white89hatch, May 3, 2007.

Welcome to ClubCivic a Honda Civic Forum

Club Civic is an online Honda Civic forum and community for all Honda Civic enthusiasts. Whether you own a Honda Civic Si, Ex, Type R, Dx, Lx, Cx, Dx, Vx, or even a hybrid you will find valuable information and honda civic car parts on this site. Take a look around to view Honda Civic discussion; including a photo gallery, maintenance information, tech tips, as well as ways to get better performance from your Honda Civic. Visit the Members Ride's to view and rate other member’s Honda Civics. Click here to start viewing the Honda Civic Forums. Before you start posting on this site you will need to register. If you are already registered and not logged in, please login here.

Browse the forums by generation by clicking below or browse all honda civic forums.

1. white89hatch

white89hatch Polar White ED6 5+ Year Member

My friends keyless entry isnt working. He has an 01 Civic Ex he just recently installed a Panasonic cd player and he said thats when everything started to mess up. Anyone have any ideas of whats wrong?

2. TheWingMang

TheWingMang Good news everyone! Registered VIP 5+ Year Member

Keyless entry equipment is in the stock radio. I thought it was just in the 96-00s, but maybe not

3. white89hatch

white89hatch Polar White ED6 5+ Year Member

So he wont be able to have keyless unless he installs his stock radio?

4. 96greencivic

96greencivic #1 in the Atlantic! Registered VIP Registered OG 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

IDK ? We have an 04 Ex, but it has a Kenwood HU and Avital security. Our friend has an 01 Ex and she had a Kenwood HU installed and her stock keyless works fine.

5. Astheros

Astheros AMPhotography Registered VIP Registered OG 5+ Year Member

i believe you have to keepthe stock radio in there somehow. i thought that was only for 96-98 models though. i though 99 and up didnt need the radio in there.

6. 96greencivic

96greencivic #1 in the Atlantic! Registered VIP Registered OG 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

I'm pretty sure he shouldn't be having an issue since my friend has the OE keyless and aftermarket HU. No problems on her car.

7. 1999stockaccord

1999stockaccord Honduh's... LULZ Registered VIP 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

Only 96-98's keyless and security systems are tied to the radio

Check all the fuses and connections... clean out the remote and replace the battery

8. cujo613

cujo613 New Member Registered VIP 5+ Year Member

He messed something up when he put it in, thats my guess