keyless entry problem

k_ho

I just brought a 2000 Civic. I love it except the keyless entry won't work. I've been told by the seller it is because the battery on the remote. I changed the battery and it still won't work.

1. when i press any button on the remote, red light on the remote flashes but no response from the car side.

2. power lock on the driver door works perfectly: lock and unlock all four doors.

3. I tried to reprogram the keyless by on and off the ignition four time and press lock every time it 's on. I pretty sure i did it right but still no respond.

4. It came with the stock radio. radio works fine.

5. please help !!!:( any thoughts ?

96 DX Hatch

Alex
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Instead of "pretty sure", be sure sure.

http://blog.keylessentryremotefob.com/2013/06/2000-honda-civic-key-fob-remote.html

1. Make sure the doors are unlocked.
2. Turn the ignition to the ON position (II)
3. Press the LOCK or UNLOCK button on the remote.
4. Turn the ignition to the ACCESSORY (I) or LOCK (0)
5. Turn the ignition to ON (II).
6. Press the LOCK or UNLOCK button on same remote.
7. Turn the ignition to ACCESSORY (I) or LOCK (0).
8. Turn the ignition to ON (II).
9. Press the LOCK or UNLOCK button on the same remote.
10. Turn the ignition to ACCESSORY (I) or LOCK (o).
11. Turn the ignition to ON (O).
12. Press the LOCK or UNLOCK button on the same remote. Make sure the door locks cycle to indicate that the system has entered programming mode.
13. Press the LOCK button on each remote that you want programmed. Make sure the doors locks cycle each time to indicate that remote has been accepted. The system will accept up to three remotes.
14. Turn the ignition to LOCK (0) to exit the programming remote.
15. Test remotes.

Did that when I got a new remote for my S2000 a few months ago, got it on first try.

k_ho

Instead of "pretty sure", be sure sure.

http://blog.keylessentryremotefob.com/2013/06/2000-honda-civic-key-fob-remote.html

1. Make sure the doors are unlocked.
2. Turn the ignition to the ON position (II)
3. Press the LOCK or UNLOCK button on the remote.
4. Turn the ignition to the ACCESSORY (I) or LOCK (0)
5. Turn the ignition to ON (II).
6. Press the LOCK or UNLOCK button on same remote.
7. Turn the ignition to ACCESSORY (I) or LOCK (0).
8. Turn the ignition to ON (II).
9. Press the LOCK or UNLOCK button on the same remote.
10. Turn the ignition to ACCESSORY (I) or LOCK (o).
11. Turn the ignition to ON (O).
12. Press the LOCK or UNLOCK button on the same remote. Make sure the door locks cycle to indicate that the system has entered programming mode.
13. Press the LOCK button on each remote that you want programmed. Make sure the doors locks cycle each time to indicate that remote has been accepted. The system will accept up to three remotes.
14. Turn the ignition to LOCK (0) to exit the programming remote.
15. Test remotes.

Did that when I got a new remote for my S2000 a few months ago, got it on first try.
I am sure sure I did it correctly!

All door unlocked - insert key - turn to 2 - click lock - turn to 0 - turn to 2 - click lock - turn to 0 - turn to 2 - click lock - turn to 0 - turn to 2 - click lock - nothing happen.......no sound no lock no nothing T T

One more thing, the car came with a security system handbook. Both the model for the transmitter and radio are different from the car.

The transmitter I have doesn't have a option button and the radio I have doesn't have a valet switch.

The handbook refers to a transmitter with option button and radio with a valet switch.

No idea why would that happen....

Last edited by a moderator: