koni srt.t shocks with what springs??

civickid94

alright i've got a 98 civic hx. after doing a little research, decided to go with koni srt.t shocks. What springs should I get? does the spring really matter or can I go with some crappy ebay springs? Want to lower as much as I can with a 195/45/15 +40 offset on a 15x7 wheel without rolling fenders or installing camber. I'm willing to get an alignment after lowering, but that's it. So let me know what's good.

civexspeedy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
The lowest you could go without needing camber arms is around 2.5" buuuuuut the Koni STR.T's cannot handle springs that go that low. So your best bet is finding springs that drop around 1.75-2". Stay far away from any cheap no-name springs on eBay. You'll ruin your perfectly good and new shocks and be left with a horrible ride and spending more money fixing/replacing crap. Look into Tein S.Techs, Eibach Pro-Kit/Sportlines, H&R Sports, or Progress Sport Springs.

civickid94

alright, but I really want to get rid of that stupid wheel gap, which is like 2.6 inches... Is there another shock within a similar price range that could handle a 2.5" drop? I can spend about $500 all together for this...I know it's not much, but hopefully I can get something halfway decent

Abailey21

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
tein s-techs

/endthread