Lambda sensor!

Alex2001

Hi All,

I just bought 2001 1.6 auto civic and after driving it 50 mph the engine light came on it keeps coming on and off all the time. When I read the code, I got p0135 (O2 Sensor Heater Circuit). I know there are two o2 sensors one in front of the cat and one behind it. Do I need to change both? I also have a noise in the catalytic my local mechanic told me I need to change it but there are two model for my car which one is the correct one? Please help I am new to the civic world. I like the car so far but it seems it has complicated parts!

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
U.S.? There wasn't a 1.6L in 2001, in the USA. What engine is in the vehicle? Would help to have the engine number to get the correct answer instead of guessing.

Also, most "p" codes like this one are generic codes and don't directly point to the problem. Get someone to scan it with a real code reader that can narrow it down more. If it is a failed o2 sensor, a good scanner should point you to which one. If not, the sensors need to be tested by someone that knows how to test sensors of this nature.

As far as the cat, again we need to know what motor is in the vehicle. What is the trim/model of the vehicle in question?

Also, you say that the engine light is coming on and off all the time. You mean it's flashing while you are driving? If so, that is very bad it means to stop driving the car and find out what is wrong before driving again.

Alex2001

It is in UK model SE auto 1590 cc, 5 door hatchback engine D16W7. The engine light is not flashing. It comes on when driving in highway or over 50mph and it is gone when driving in the city! I found it just turn on with high speed!