1. New Forum Software:
    We have finally upgraded the forum software due to it being so outdated. If you are having any issues with new forum please let us know. Please post any issues in this thread http://www.clubcivic.com/forum/threads/clubcivic-com-forum-upgrade.227221/

leaking sunroof?

Discussion in 'Tech Archive (No Posting)' started by pearlgreenciv, Feb 4, 2004.

Welcome to ClubCivic a Honda Civic Forum

Club Civic is an online Honda Civic forum and community for all Honda Civic enthusiasts. Whether you own a Honda Civic Si, Ex, Type R, Dx, Lx, Cx, Dx, Vx, or even a hybrid you will find valuable information and honda civic car parts on this site. Take a look around to view Honda Civic discussion; including a photo gallery, maintenance information, tech tips, as well as ways to get better performance from your Honda Civic. Visit the Members Ride's to view and rate other member’s Honda Civics. Click here to start viewing the Honda Civic Forums. Before you start posting on this site you will need to register. If you are already registered and not logged in, please login here.

Browse the forums by generation by clicking below or browse all honda civic forums.

1. pearlgreenciv

pearlgreenciv New Member 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

i think my sunroof is leaking but not sure. every time it rains i get a pudle behind both seats and in front of my drivers side seat. i dont think its the door seal. who can i take it to to get it fixed. if anybody has any input that would be great.

2. AZSprmnn

AZSprmnn From AK to AZ to AK to OR Registered VIP 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

my roommates old 95 civic used to do that too. we found some holes that were accidently drilled in the truck from ware he had his sysytem, and we just used some RTV and pachted them up. but if u dont have any water in ur trunk then itz prolly someware else.

3. steve98ex

steve98ex say no to rotas Registered VIP 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

any upholstery/trim shop should be able to fix that for you

4. pearlgreenciv

pearlgreenciv New Member 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

thanks ill give um a shot. i just want it to stop, all my stuff is getting soaked.

5. miggycrxsi

miggycrxsi Are you Blizzed!! 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

Check your windshield I had a GTI and I sat on my seat and all the water just soaked my ass. I drove it like that one day it was raining drops were coming from the windshield area. I took some water and soap splashed in on the front of the winshield little bubbles started to come up thats were my leak was. got some windshield glue I forgot the name. But go to an autozone or some car part company and ask for leak stopper im sure they can help/ OH and I did think it was my sunroof so check the windshield for reasurance.

6. a100100

a100100 New Member 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

i thought mine leaked too. it ended up being the drains were clogged. it would fill up and over flow into the door seal and down my kick panel and c pillar. i took mine to an upholtery shop

7. $lick Rick

$lick Rick TEOTWAWKI Registered VIP Registered OG 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

%99 of the time this will be your problem, if you have access to an air compressor and an air gun you can blow the drains out yourself and save the money of having someone else doing it.