Leaking tie rod

Osiris19

oilBurner
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Then your tie rods aren't equal or your steering arm is bent. Make sure both knuckles are straight by measuring the same length of the tie rods connected to the rack and then connect it to the coupler and it should all be straight.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Kenneth

5+ Year Member
Okay no I didn't mess with the coupler. When I make the steering wheel straight, the passenger side wheel sticks out pointing to the right about 3-5mm. The driver side wheel looks straight.
Sounds like the passenger side needs a little tweaking. Don't go messing with the coupler, stick with adjusting only the parts that were replaced. If it was straight before the fix, then only the outer tie rods need work. That would be adjusting the toe. Your almost there, don't listen to anyone telling you anything else needs adjustment.

hxdude

Yea I never messed with the coupler. I'm guessing I will be able to tell if the coupler is bent by looking at it from under the car? I thought both sides were not equal length. The passenger side seemed longer than driver side. Before I removed the old tie rods, I counted the threads. Driver side was 5 threads and passenger side was 12.