LED Controller Project (Pics)

bobby2552

Respected
Hey all, I am currently working on putting LEDs all over my car (even more than it already has =)) anyway, I'm using multicolored LEDs (RGB), and they come with controllers and remotes. Each controller unit can only handle 6A, and each meter of LEDs pulls 1A (estimations). So, since I'm putting 30-35m onto my car, I needed a good way to control them all, without having wires and switches hanging out of my dash. So, I decided that I would create a controller to house all 6 of the controllers I need. I decided that the unused din slot under my radio would be a great place. So, I went to work and designed a housing for them all. Here is a rendering of it.

So, then the question was, how do I fabricate it? Thankfully, I have access to a laser cutter/engraver at school. So, today I cut a prototype into some blue 1/8" acrylic, and here's the result. The final will be cut into red acrylic, as it goes with my interior. Check out my mod list thread for pics of it. Anyway, here it is. Keep in mind I only cut the parts I needed to test fit stuff as to save material.

Sent from my Nexus 6P | 1999 Honda Civic DX Sedan

that blue piece you did............epic! way to go dude that look's so cool!

bobby2552

Respected
Just thought I'd share the initial mockup on some scrap MDF.

Sent from my Nexus 6P | 1999 Honda Civic DX Sedan

bobby2552

Respected
Just laser cut the final version!! Here are some pics. The paper looking stuff peels off and protects the surface until I mount it all.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk