LED Reverse Light Issue

Blake Fogg

5+ Year Member
So I know that in order to run LED's for turn signals, you have to run resistors to get them to work but I put LED bulbs in my reverse light location without resistors and they don't come on. Do I need resistors for that as well? I didn't think there would be an issue since I've done this with many other vehicles and not had any problems.

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
So I know that in order to run LED's for turn signals, you have to run resistors to get them to work but I put LED bulbs in my reverse light location without resistors and they don't come on. Do I need resistors for that as well? I didn't think there would be an issue since I've done this with many other vehicles and not had any problems.
Reverse lights shouldnt need resistors. Did you try simply turning the bulbs around and plugging them back in?

Blake Fogg

5+ Year Member
I think I did but I honestly may not have. It would be my luck that I happened to put both bulbs in backwards

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You wouldnt be the first to post a thread about that only to reverse the bulbs and everything be find.