Lethal6 keeps closing threads

Status
Not open for further replies.

trafficlightguy

You first closed my thread about cylinder head said there was one already out there I ask you were no responds

So I started another thread you close that

So I think it's time to leave this site since you seem to be a total a*****e, you should read so e of the other crap people post up that has no reason for being on a car site

So good ridden to you and your over Zealous moderator position

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Did you have multiple threads on the same topic? That's usually the reason for a thread being closed. If your thread doesn't get any responses in a reasonable amount of time it's better to post again in your original thread to bring it to the top rather than starting a new one. If duplicate threads weren't closed the site would have too many empty threads and it would be much harder to search and navigate content.

trafficlightguy

No they were getting response just after posting, he closed my first post saying there was one already about that topic I asked were and no response and even searched the entire site for anything similar

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I assume this is the thread in question, so here's the link. FYI moderator(s), I do feel Lethal6's response isnt exactly appropriate as you may tell by my response onthe thread.

Idle Issues Thread

This also brings to question what options do users have when we have an issue with a moderator?

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Cylinder head chip need answer

2nd rebuild after this

These two threads are extremely similar and I can't see where you're asking a question in either. In the first link you put "need answer" in the title but all you wrote in the post was "#1cylinder head chip smooth it out flush, it looks to be within the combustion camber." What are you looking for an answer on?

The second thread might have been okay if it weren't a duplicate. Send a private message to Lethal6 if you have an issue and maybe he can explain the reasoning better.

I assume this is the thread in question, so here's the link. FYI moderator(s), I do feel Lethal6's response isnt exactly appropriate as you may tell by my response onthe thread.

Idle Issues Thread

This also brings to question what options do users have when we have an issue with a moderator?
I'm not sure that's the right thread. I don't know if there is a protocol about an issue with a moderator but if it were me, I would PM another one of the moderators or an admin for a second opinion and go from there.

RonJ

Banned
Lethal is the best tech moderator on this site, so stop whining and start learning the forum rules.

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yes there were multiple threads with the same topic. All we're closed except for the original. It says right in the rules to please not make another thread if your original one doesn't get any responses. We ask that you update the original if you have anything to add to the question or subject.

Hex if you have a problem with a moderator send a pm to that moderator or bring it up in either off topic or the site problem/suggestion thread. Best rule of thumb is to man up and handle problems in pm with a member you have beef with. If it gets out of hand let one of us know and we will deal with it accordingly.

RonJ

Banned

Idle Issues Thread

Lethal's response in said thread was dead on correct, so get over it. The damn thread was 2.5 years old.

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Btw this thread was moved to off topic because there is no tech question nor does it have to do with 6th gen. :thumbsup:

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hex if you have a problem with a moderator send a pm to that moderator or bring it up in either off topic or the site problem/suggestion thread. Best rule of thumb is to man up and handle problems in pm with a member you have beef with. If it gets out of hand let one of us know and we will deal with it accordingly.
]I don't know if there is a protocol about an issue with a moderator but if it were me, I would PM another one of the moderators or an admin for a second opinion and go from there.
Thanks for the info & clarification, fellas. I just like to know my options if the issue were to arise. I prefer handling issues maturely and not resort to the immature insulting arguments that arise more often than they should among members.

Lethal's response in said thread was dead on correct, so get over it. The damn thread was 2.5 years old.
Lethal is the best tech moderator on this site, so stop whining and start learning the forum rules.
RonJ, settle down with the constant anger and attitude. Its entirely unnecessary and immature. You provide some good info but you get upset a little too easily sometimes.

RonJ

Banned
HeX - If you don't like and can't handle reading negative responses to your posts, there's a really simple solution --> Think before you type.

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
HeX - If you don't like and can't handle reading negative responses to your posts, there's a really simple solution --> Think before you type.
Thats the response of a selfish jerk who cant repond intelligently. Negativity is unnessesary and if you dont understand that then you need to grow up. I'll leave it at that.

RonJ

Banned
Thats the response of a selfish jerk who cant repond intelligently. Negativity is unnessesary and if you dont understand that then you need to grow up.
You again broke the rule of "think before you type". Your anger got the best of you and fogged your brain, putting you into a vicious cycle of repeating the same mistake over and over again.

I'll leave it at that.
This^ would be wise on your part. Otherwise, I'm happy to continue discussing you.

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
One-sided, selfish, angry, denial-driven insults based on self-imposed childish rules do not constitute a discussion. You need to learn to respect others or simply improve you communication skills because theyre poor.

For the sake of not further feeding RonJs dellusional ego, I'll no longer respond as this is already off the original topic.

RonJ

Banned
I'll no longer respond as this is already off the original topic.
You already made this^ promise and broke it. Now you're also dishonest.

And if you dislike my assessment of you, then put me on your ignore list. Otherwise, you will be faced with being called out when you make goofy or erroneous posts.

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I'd like to leave this thread open, but I'm seeing a lot of back and forth insults, so I'll answer the question about moderators, and then I'll close this thread.

If you have a question for a moderator, PM that moderator, or anyone else on the staff. It will get answered.

If you have a larger problem that would require the input of other forum members, make a thread in site suggestions. If you go this route, keep it civil. You are more than welcome to point out flaws and shortcomings, but keep it fact-based and don't turn to insults or personal attacks.

If you have an issue and you don't know how to bring it up or address it, feel free to contact me and I'll be happy to direct you to the proper method.

That said, if there is a major issue here, feel free to re-address it in one of the manners I listed, but do it professionally.

The original poster of this thread did not use a very effective method for addressing problems. Rather than PMing the moderator to see if there was any rationale behind the decisions, he used the "I'm calling you out" method. This almost always solves nothing and leads to infighting, whether it's directed at a mod or a regular member - as you can see from what has resulted in this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.