1. New Forum Software:
    We have finally upgraded the forum software due to it being so outdated. If you are having any issues with new forum please let us know. Please post any issues in this thread http://www.clubcivic.com/forum/threads/clubcivic-com-forum-upgrade.227221/

location of the ICM

Discussion in 'Engine Tech / Drivetrain' started by travelingtom, Apr 27, 2011.

Welcome to ClubCivic a Honda Civic Forum

Club Civic is an online Honda Civic forum and community for all Honda Civic enthusiasts. Whether you own a Honda Civic Si, Ex, Type R, Dx, Lx, Cx, Dx, Vx, or even a hybrid you will find valuable information and honda civic car parts on this site. Take a look around to view Honda Civic discussion; including a photo gallery, maintenance information, tech tips, as well as ways to get better performance from your Honda Civic. Visit the Members Ride's to view and rate other member’s Honda Civics. Click here to start viewing the Honda Civic Forums. Before you start posting on this site you will need to register. If you are already registered and not logged in, please login here.

Browse the forums by generation by clicking below or browse all honda civic forums.

1. travelingtom

travelingtom giggidy giggidy(.)(.)

i was just wondering if you guys could tell me where the ignition control module was on my b20b, im not sure if its in the dizzy or located somewhere else in the bay. my car runs like s**t when its hot outside, but it runs great when its cool, so i think it may be burning up, or im getting vapor lock, thanks for the help

2. RonJ

RonJ Banned

The ICM is inside the distributor, but sounds like your problem is a bad main relay. Are you having a spark, fuel, or both problem?

3. travelingtom

travelingtom giggidy giggidy(.)(.)

could be the main relay, never thought of that, but i had a spark problem a couple months ago so i put a new ignition coil in it, and i thought it did the trick until now maybe. as far as having a fuel problem, i dont know, it idles fine, but when you drive it in hot weather it drives like crap, i had a truck that did the same thing, and it was the icm, thats what made me go in that direction.where is the main relay, maybe i will just replace both.