Looking for 96-00 OEM dark grey floor mats.

NOLAcivic

Respected
Does anybody know where to find a new or like new set? I can find the black ones all day but don't know how they would look in my car. I have the Type K interior. Or, if anyone has pictures of Type K interior with black mats please share them.

Thanks!

Last edited:

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
FYI, the dark grey color is called Classy Grey. That may help your searching.

NOLAcivic

Respected
If you're willing to just search....
http://www.ebay.com/itm/96-97-98-99-00-New-OEM-Genuine-Factory-Honda-Civic-2dr-4dr-Genuine-FLOOR-mats-/231784819772?hash=item35f773ac3c:g:-vkAAOSwVFlUBdHQ&vxp=mtr

I think the black mats will compliment the Dark Gray, Type K, interior well.
I would rather have black mats anyway.
I actually did search. Had I found what I was looking for I wouldn't have posted for help here.

However, if you actually had searched the part number on that listing you linked, you would realize that those are for black floor mats and not what I was looking or asking for. The part number for Type K or Classy Grey (as HeX has mentioned) is the following 08P15-S00-161F. The part number in the link that you post is 08P15-S02-110B which I understand superseded what I'm looking for, but also not exactly what I was asking about. Maybe there is a mint set floating around this forum IDK. The logo and color are different.

While I do appreciate the effort in helping me. Please don't assume that I didn't search prior to posting. If all that is available at this point are the black (08P15-S02-110B) mats, then I would like to see some pictures if possible before I purchase a new set. There are a few black trim pieces in the interior but I don't want the mats to seem out of place being black. To bad the US didn't get that option like the few other countries that did.

I'm not trying to come off as rude by this response but I don't like someone assuming I'm too lazy and not "willing to search". Kind of strikes a nerve.

NOLAcivic

Respected
I found this and this is pretty much exactly the seats I have. I guess if that's what the newer mats look like it doesn't look too bad.

Attachments

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
However, if you actually had searched the part number on that listing you linked, you would realize that those are for black floor mats and not what I was looking or asking for. The part number for Type K or Classy Grey (as HeX has mentioned) is the following 08P15-S00-161F. The part number in the link that you post is 08P15-S02-110B which I understand superseded what I'm looking for, but also not exactly what I was asking about. Maybe there is a mint set floating around this forum IDK. The logo and color are different.
I did search, this is what I came up with available currently.
Those 20yr old mats have been discontinued for years, so you either need to look for NOS or lucky enough to find a nice used set.
I posted the black mats because they do not look bad in the car and create a nice contrast.

I'm not trying to come off as rude by this response but I don't like someone assuming I'm too lazy and not "willing to search". Kind of strikes a nerve.
When you've been dealing with fanboy Honda kids over the past 20 yrs who think they know everything but still need everything spoonfed to them, then I'll take what you have to say seriously.
Thanks and good luck.

Last edited:

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
@NOLAcivic , please keep in mind that we get waaaaaay more people who dont research than those that do. Therefore, if you dont tell us thst you researched then you likely fall into the typical category of another potential lazy member. Details will set you apart from thst group and we could always benefit from users who make thatveffort accordingly. So dont take offense as its a helpful lesson learned.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Folks, we can't just blindly assume people come in here not searching. Sure, many don't, but ASSuming is a bad thing.

OP, unfortunately our classifieds section is pretty much dead and gone, so I don't think you'll find there here.

NOLAcivic

Respected
I hear where you guys are coming from and I'll do my best to make it clear next time. Unfortunately, it does happen A LOT and I completely understand that aspect.

Xplod3r, Thanks for understanding my point of view. I wasn't trying to rude to anyone on here. I have been building Hondas for over a decade but this is my first EJ8. The thumbnail picture is the car.

This is my Integra that was built and painted by myself as a grassroots hobbyist

Attachments

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I hear where you guys are coming from and I'll do my best to make it clear next time. Unfortunately, it does happen A LOT and I completely understand that aspect.

Xplod3r, Thanks for understanding my point of view. I wasn't trying to rude to anyone on here. I have been building Hondas for over a decade but this is my first EJ8. The thumbnail picture is the car.

This is my Integra that was built and painted by myself as a grassroots hobbyist
That's a very clean Integra! I like the color. And the booooost :lol:

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
3rd gen Integra w/leather seats, one of the best Honda interior layouts, EVER!
Everything literally flows so well!

NOLAcivic

Respected
I agree man. My favorite combination. I'm on the fence about getting the ITR seats in the front. Buuuut since I got this little civic I'm starting to explore the interior options we have with them.

I did indeed order some new black floor mats. After seeing some pictures it didn't look bad and for the price of new OEM mats I figured why not. I also got a CTR shift boot.

I wish the CTR steering wheel came in the classy grey color. Seems like the RSX wheels are a good look though. The stock seats seem really really big to me. I'll probably try to find something a little different. Maybe SI if I can find some local.

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The stock seats seem really really big to me. I'll probably try to find something a little different. Maybe SI if I can find some local.
Scrap the idea of getting any 96-00 Civic seats, IMO worst seats as far as comfort is concerned.
Either 3rd gen Integra seats or Del Sol.

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Here's a reference pic of the classy grey floor mats.

Scrap the idea of getting any 96-00 Civic seats, IMO worst seats as far as comfort is concerned.
Either 3rd gen Integra seats or Del Sol.
I love my Insight seats but they required quite a bit of modification to fit. Arent Prelude seats reasonably comfortable as well?

NOLAcivic

Respected
Hmmm you guys are giving me ideas. I have a MIG welding machine so I can do some customs work if needed. I'll google around and see how some different seats look. The I do like mu Integra seats so I might look into that as a first.

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I do like mu Integra seats so I might look into that as a first.
Integra seats will bolt in when you swap on the Civic rails.

92-96 Prelude seats look like reupolstered Del Sol seats.

97-01 Prelude seats look similar to the 6th gen Civic seats.

NOLAcivic

Respected
Those don't look bad at all. I have some decisions to make that's for sure.

So far I have the following parts

Tein Basis coilovers (It's a DD so I needed some soft springs)
99-00 fog lights
OEM fog light switch
99-00 SI front lip
99-00 SI rear lip
OEM 99-00 SI front grill
99-00 SI trunk spoiler
96-00 OEM floor mats
96-00 CTR shift boot
99-00 SI rims w/ Kumho AST 205/50/15
Just got tint on today
OEM shift rod seal gasket
OEM oil pan gasket.

Going to see how well they can match the Milano Red paint with the new parts. I'm thinking about getting the bumpers done while the other parts are getting painted. Probably not much of a price difference. I got this car untouched so I was pretty happy. All I have done to the engine compartment was clean it up. It has a few oil leaks I need to chase down but overall everything looks stock or at least OEM. I'm hoping it's not leaking at the main seals (front and rear) or I will just pull this motor and put one of my B series in.

Here is a before and after cleaning. I didn't really clean the motor yet. Just all the old oil off the bottom so I can pinpoint the leaks.

Attachments