Looking for affordable suspension with coilovers.

mrpepsalgado

My car is 19 years old with the original suspension . I'm looking for an affordable front rear suspension with coilovers. I found some on Amazon for 158$ - is this a decent deal? What do you all recommend ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I've never heard of the brand "DNA" but theres no way any respectable coilover set can cost $159 without being stolen. Those must be the equivalent of no-name crap. The least expensive quality coilovers Im aware of are made by Tein and cost about $650. Any quality set will run you at least that much.

Why do you only want coilovers? If you have a small budget then coilovers should be out of the conversation.

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Yes this is full coilovers .

That crap you posted is shitty shocks and ebay china coilover sleaves. It will ride like balls and last about a year of dd driving.

mrpepsalgado

What can you tell me about the ones you posted ? Does it have a stop so that my wheel wells don't hit my tires ?

Looks like I will need spring holders ...

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
No you need nothing. Take out the old install the new.

Yes man. They are coilovers. You adjust them. I suggest you do a little research before attempting this.

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
What can you tell me about the ones you posted ? Does it have a stop so that my wheel wells don't hit my tires ? Looks like I will need spring holders ...
No you need nothing. Take out the old install the new.
Yes man. They are coilovers. You adjust them. I suggest you do a little research before attempting this.
I agree with R3dline. How can you make a decision on purchasing a product while you clearly dont even know how they work? Do research. You're fitting the profile of a kid who wants coilovers "because everyone has them".

mrpepsalgado

Lol, kid? I want them because I rub when I hit bumps it has nothing to do with being a kid. And because dropping the car look nice at the same time and by coming into a forum and asking around is a type of research. The only kid I see here is you so quick to judge and criticize.

A little dropping wouldn't hurt .....

Last edited by a moderator:

itzrivera

You're asking questions not researching...Researching involves sifting through info that is already available. Nonetheless, for a decent set of coilovers you will have to spend more $159. Trust us with experience. Anything less than that will get you sub-par s**t that could risk your safety or be blown after a month or two.

And, your tire will only hit your wheel well if you are too low (doesn't look like the case for you) or if your shocks are blown. Your shocks are most likely blown.

mrpepsalgado

Yeah I think my shocks are blown because I'm pretty high but again wonder if this kit will take care of all of that. I'm no suspension expert so need to know if that kit comes with shocks as well

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Yeah I think my shocks are blown because I'm pretty high but again wonder if this kit will take care of all of that. I'm no suspension expert so need to know if that kit comes with shocks as well

Yes, they will fix your issue. For only a short period of time. They're cheap and junky, and will not last long. If you buy them, you'll be creating another thread in a year asking what to upgrade to. Save your money and get something better.

mrpepsalgado

I plan on going with the link that was sent to me by R3dline - those appear to be better quality

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
And they have a warranty

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Lol, kid? I want them because I rub when I hit bumps it has nothing to do with being a kid. And because dropping the car look nice at the same time and by coming into a forum and asking around is a type of research. The only kid I see here is you so quick to judge and criticize.
Learn to read...
...You're fitting the profile of a kid who wants coilovers "because everyone has them".
I said you fit the profile, not that you are. If you understood proper English then you would know the difference. If you were mature, you wouldnt be offended by such a simple statement. Your reply has proven the point. Moving on...

You're asking questions not researching...Researching involves sifting through info that is already available.
Thank you. OP, you clearly have not researched anything whatsoever as evident by your errant description of what you THINK coilovers do, as highlighted in green. The entire purpose of suspension is for ride comfort, including not "rubbing when you hit bumps". So being that your a self-proclaimed expert, do tell how coilovers do that differently that individual shocks/struts and springs. Also feel free to explain how a $1200 coilover set and a $159 coilover set differ.

Every single choice you mention is an assumption evident by the constant use of the word "think". If you come into a forum looking for assistance, then admit your lack of knowledge that brought you here to begin with. Show respect to those of us here who actually have researched and learned throughout the years using EFFORT and provide it here FOR FREE for others to research and learn from as we did and continue to do. Asking questions based on false uneducated assumptions is the recipe for constant mistakes. If you cant show humility and respect then you will never learn without wasting a lot of money and disrespecting a lot of people that could help you in the long run.

mrpepsalgado

Lol, you are something else , the only anal one in here is you - stay on the subject and stop criticizing everyone - get off your high horse and ease up . You come off as one of those who knows a little about something so now you expect people to bow down to you . It's not that serious my dude .

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Lol, you are something else , the only anal one in here is you - stay on the subject and stop criticizing everyone - get off your high horse and ease up . You come off as one of those who knows a little about something so now you expect people to bow down to you . It's not that serious my dude .
Ahh, the downplay tactic with peppered in lying. Good luck with that in life. Learn humility. I've criticized no one but you, so stick to the truth. I admit what I know and dont know. You havent done so once and you clearly don't know what your talking about. Stop worrying about me and worry about your ignorance on the topic at hand. I've always done my best to help those who are open and honest with whatever I may know, as I detest the lazy self-entitled finger-pointers such as you who cant handle a dose of honesty. I don't coddle. If you show some humility then I'll join back in. Otherwise, I'm done here. Good luck getting the knowledgeable people here to chime in with your current "approach".