Looking for some cheap engine mods to my 99 ex d16y8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trekk

Registered VIP
Nope waste of money. Engine swap or boost, don't waste money on anything other then supporting mods for the 2.

92lseg

Even cammed and tuned he will still be slower then a 10yr old on his mountain bike

92lseg

I'm not rich either I payed 500$ for my car

But honestly I would swap in an ls for the price of a cam and tune can get motor/ trans around here. For 500$

Y8- 127/107
Ls- 142/127

More gains then you'll get by cramming your y8 probably

KelsoY8Coupe

Noo...everyone does that, I'm trying to do the n/a thing and get as muchpower out of the y8 as I can without turbo

TokyoSkies

Boost Junkie
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
If you're seriously wanting power out of a single cam, look into Bisimoto. They make a lot of supporting mods for single cams (although I have no clue why...). As others have said, they don't make much power, and are weak, unreliable engines.. even the ZC single cam, which was the toughest single cam there was, is a piece of s**t compared to the B series. They just weren't built for performance.

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Why tune a stock engine? You don't have any mods to justify tuning. It's a waste of money and will do absolutely nothing.

This is going to be blunt, but you need to learn how to search. Everything you are asking has been brought up hundreds of times.

Status
Not open for further replies.