Loosing Power

Koy_Minic

I was driving my civic 08 this morning when suddenly i lost the power of my engine, the engine is running, AC and stereo are fine but accelerator is not working. Also on my dash board the battery and oil indicator turn on and blinking. Luckily i manage to park the car safely. My mileage is 111K, battery is less done 1year, change my engine oil yesterday, spark plug never been change. Can anybody please tell me what is the cause of this problem?

heymrwood

Respected
Vacuum leak somewhere

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Vacuum leak somewhere

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How would a vacuum leak lead to dash lights coming on all at once?

I am leading towards something electrical. Have the battery tested both at rest and under a load. Age has nothing to do with battery life. I have seen them last well over 7 years and also have seen them die in less than a day.

Check all the grounds and make sure they are clean and clear. Make sure the connections directly to the battery are free from corrosion, crud, and are nice and secure.

While you are at it, do a FULL tune up. If the plugs haven't been changed in 7 years, that isn't a good thing.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Any cel's?

bairdandrew77

See if the battery connections are on properly, a loose connection might cause that

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Tapatalk

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
You changed the oil the day before, and now your oil light is blinking. I would check your oil level, I wouldn't be surprised if there's some safety feature in place that kills power to the engine if your oil gets too low. I would think it would kill the motor entirely, though.

Still, something to check as well.

Koy_Minic

Battery is 80%, oil level is perfect (used semi-syntetic oil). Just change my battery terminals a month ago. Someone told me it could be air filter or timing belt, but i cant see any reason air filter can cause this problem and 8 gen civic are chain belt. So probably either spark plug or loose connection.