Loss of gas mileage.could anybody help?

roystyle

Im driving a honda covic esi 91, 1.6A.recently I did 5000k servicing which comprises of engine oil changeout(idemitshu extreme eco),handbrake adjustment, just basic cleaning of air intake.changed the spark plugs to a cheap ones.

besides that I wanted to change the front two tires with a second hand tires for the time being.therefore both tires were take out and all of a sudden, the mechanic told that he only had one of the tires.by the time he realised, the already took the tire out from the rim and reinstated the same tire and fixed it back in my car.

Once I drove off the car steering pulled to the right.so I went to another shop to switch the both front tires doubting that the tire rotation is out. Now the car is better but it pulls slighlty to the left.
I could slightly hear the intermittent gripping sound of the brake in low rpms.

Had my defi temp gauge and batt volts meter reading zero.got it repaired too.

Now I shall come to tbe main topic, after doing all these, my gas mileage drop from 360km per full tank to 320.320 to 300 and now to 285km per full tank.im still cracking my head.plz anyone help me out? Thank you

2nd_gen

TURD-BO
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
get a alignment

pulling is normally caused by toe.

toe can cause a drag in the tire and it will wear abnormally.
if tires drag, then you will lose mpg due to the restricted rotation of the tire.