Lost Horsepower

edubs

Hey Everyone,

Recently, my 2002 Civic has been feeling very sluggish like not getting up to speed as quickly as it used to. I know I've been loosing horsepower over the years so I was wondering if you had any thoughts on how to restore the horsepower that I've lost. I've been thinking about using the BG 44K to see if it will help a little. Any thoughts on this? And any other thoughts how to restore horsepower?

emerican

Registered VIP
last full tune up? plugs wires ait filter fuel filter, oil change etc
have you eve ran any treatment thru it seafoam?
any cel?
any other probems with the car

edubs

Last month. Did the oil and replaces filters
Never did any seafoam treatment. I heard that stuff is very aggressive on your engine and can burn oil.
What's cel?
And no other problems.

emerican

Registered VIP
CEL= check engine ligjht
you dont have to use seafoam you can use gumout or some of the others
did you replace the plugs wires etc?

edubs

No engine light
Have you ever tried that bg 44k stuff? or heard any reviews from it?
Replaced the plugs a few years ago, not the wires

emerican

Registered VIP
if you never replaced the wires and the plugs are years old id defintly change them

edubs

I've also heard of something called compression restore. Something you pore into the oil and is suppose to restore lost compression over the years. Any thoughts?

emerican

Registered VIP
i wouldnt trust anything being put in my oil that i didnt know everything about, but thats just me

hondamaster719

Registered VIP
+1. Lot of stuff on the market are scams.. bg 44k is great stuff. When you take your car for a injector cleaning and get charged 80 bucks, all they do is pour that into your gas tank and it runs way better. Smokes for a few days but its great stuff.

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
+1. Lot of stuff on the market are scams.. bg 44k is great stuff. When you take your car for a injector cleaning and get charged 80 bucks, all they do is pour that into your gas tank and it runs way better. Smokes for a few days but its great stuff.
I have been using 44k in my cars for over 10 years now and NEVER had it smoke. Also run it in every K service [15k, 30k, 45k, etc] in cars here at work and NEVER had them smoke either. I can't even imaging the conversation I would have to have if that were the case. We put it in average 3 cars a week here.

00siboy

lurkin...
Registered VIP
I use 44K at work all the time, and IMO any BG products are good for me. When we do an injection cleaning we acutally use 2 different products, a tank additive (44K) and also a fuel injector cleaner fed straight to the fuel rail.

OP like emerican said I would make sure your plugs are good. The 1.7L has coil-ons so no wires to replace. Other than that I guess you could do a compression test if possible.