lotz's build

lotz6996

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
so... the bullit i thought i dodged a couple weeks ago with the crank pulley came back to bite me in the ass. im pulling the engine this weekend to replace all of the rod and main bearings, and possibly rings.

lotz6996

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ok. heres a few progress shots. planning on doing what i should have done last year. new bearings. gaskets, seals, rings, and honing the cylinders and possibly grinding the valves.

lotz6996

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I still can't believe you STILL have that intake :lol:
:lol: havent gotten around to replacing it yet. might do that while ive got it apart. dont want to spend $40 for the generic one at autozone, and not sure if the one on k2 is any different. might actualy have a buddy weld one up for me out of alum. or if i can find some i think i can bend it. but its on my list. REALLY dont want it to be going back on when im done with the rebuild.

lotz6996

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ok. took the head in to have it reworked today. there goes another $300+ but should run like a new car. and last for a while. and should have it back either late tomorrow or early next week. he usually works on semi and tractor engines. so my little honda wont take him long.

SGGilmo

Yay, Another Car.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
haha. whatever floats your boat man.

so what lip did you end up going with?

lotz6996

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
once i get the rest of my s**t payed off i think im going to go with the wwrs. doesnt hang down so low which is important for me cause it is still a parts runner for the farm.

lotz6996

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
well. got the head from the shop today. didnt have my camera. will get some pics tomorrow. get the rest of my parts from honda tomorrow. had to wait on the rings. and also need to get some new stones for my cylinder hone. and another can of black paint for my vc. will get some pics for you guys tomorrow. hope to have her back up and running by sat.

lotz6996

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
got the crank torqued down, and 2 pistons in. new rings and bearings. had to leave to get some other s**t done. might have an early day from work tomorrow. should have some more time to get s**t done tomorrow.

lotz6996

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ok. here are a few updates on the car. and the reason this is taking so long.

and heres the head all shiny and clean back from the machine shop.

and the freshly painted valve cover. metallic black.

and now for the reason i havent even seen the car since last week.

its my fionce's moms house. she got married last week and has the house up for sale, and it is ours until it is sold, and were hoping that since it is the most expensive house on the block that it will take a while. its been up since jan. but havent had any serious lookers.

and heres a couple quick shots of the garage. compared to a honda its pretty big. with the crv pulled in close to the door there is a good 10 or so feet to the other wall of the garage. ive got some more work to do to it once i get the car done. ive got about 7 8' flourescent lights a friend is giving me. will only use 2-4 in here but will put the rest in storage for when i actually get my own house. im currently working on adding a few more outlets as there is only one in there now. i fell about 5' short on the roll of wire that i had, so all of the other outlets are wired together, i just need to run the wire from the other outlet to the new ones.

lotz6996

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ok. shes close. dont have any pics cause i didnt take the camera with me. just need to put in a few more bolts, then the batt. and new front L caliper. and should be ready to go. got the new boots on the pass. axle. almost ready to go. hope to get the caliper tonight or tomorrow and have it home by fri. or sat.

lotz6996

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
hopin to have the last 2 parts on monday and should be done monday night.

SGGilmo

Yay, Another Car.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
nice progress man. did you finish? I should have the parts for my little ej tomorrow. finally get it back on the road too :thumbs up

lotz6996

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
almost. got the new im gasket cause summit sent me the wrong f**king one. and the caliper comes in tomorrow afternoon. so if i dont have to work till close tomorrow i will have it done tomorrow night. gonna get the im gasket done in the morning and do the 10 min. idle, then oil change, and do the brake caliper in the evening. also havent gotten the sri tube yet. been busy paying bills for the house.

lotz6996

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ITS DONE... finaly.:headbang: got it goin last night, got the new caliper on it. and it runs like a top. :beer:no weird sounds, no more clicking from the axle. fired up on the first crank.:party2: will post pics up today after work.

lotz6996

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
heres she is. cleaned up the bay a bit while it was apart.

up next on the list is a blox 490 shift knob. aem sri. cause the one i got obviously isnt for this car. and im tired of looking at it. and new tires next month. coilovers are on hold until spring. but will save up for a few more susp. goodies while it will be apart. aiming for coilovers, lca's,new susp. bushings, and maybe asr subframe brace w/ sway bar.

and heres the sub enclosure so far. need to smooth out the rough edges and finish it up, then cover it. and get it all hooked up.