Loud bee-hive sound from my intake or throttle body!?!

Marco Alfaro

I recently bought my first Honda, it's a 97' civic ex with an F20b swap. I was told this was a common problem so in hoping someone could help me out with a solution. There is a loud humming sound or better described as an angry beehive sound coming from my intake throttle body or manifold, again I heard this was common but I have no idea where to start looking to fix it. I've pulled the air filter off the end of it and put my hand over it just enough to not kill the engine and the sound goes away, leads me to believe, it's pulling in too much air but everything seems to be sealed fine and if I do cover it up completely it does shut the engine off. At first I thought maybe the intake's pipe is too short but no because it still does it when I pull the whole pipe off but it is quieter! If anyone has had this problem or knows where I can start to look, I would appreciate the advise and help. And none of this affects the driving, it's just loud and annoying!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
it's not a problem....then engine is pulling in air like it's supposed to. That's the reason the oem air boxes have resonators incorporated into the design to reduce induction noise. If you don't like it, put a factory intake setup on your car.