louder axleback

CachFr001

I have a 2005 civic lx I wanted to make the car sound a little deeper by adding an aftermarket axle back. I installed it and it is deep however I want to make it a little louder. will a resonator delete do this or what can I do?

my93civic

A header will make it louder

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk 2

Wreckless Hype

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Put a short ram intake on it, that would give you an acceleration growl up front from the engine bay. Put a header on it, so maybe you'll get a little bit of torque to go with the sound that says you have a lot of power, also some tone.

Remove the resonator, it's going to get really raspy. Increase the diameter of the exhaust tip, same deal.

This sounds pretty dumb, what exactly is the point? Do you have any power to back up all of the noise your car is making, or you just want to turn heads, so they notice you're not really going as fast as you sound like you are?

My girlfriend's car came with a full catback system by Magnaflow with a large diameter exhaust tip. It was really loud and pretty deep, never raspy, no matter what rpm I took it to. If it would have fit your car, I would have given it to you instead of the garbage can, but that's something you could look into.

CachFr001

i already have an aem short ram intake and i have a offbrand n1 style exhaust with 4inch tip. it already sounds deep but i want it a little louder and deeper and i cant go for headers cause then i would end up getting rid of my cat. ive heard of some people using a glasspack along with their muffler to make it sound deeper?

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
There's really not much you could do to make it louder without getting a new exhaust or tip. Even a header didn't really do anything to the sound of my car. Taking off the resonator will definitely make it louder, but there's a good chance it'll also make it sound terrible.

If you want to spend a little extra money, you can convert to an EX exhaust system. On the EX system, there's no cat with the header. The cat is after the downpipe. You might be able to find the whole system in a junkyard for cheap. Somebody else might be able to chime in on the difference in sound between EX and other trims. I assume the sound will be different, but I'm not sure how big of a difference it will be.

You could also consider a high flow cat. I would assume that would make it a little louder (I know straight pipes make it way louder), but that may be something somebody else can also chime in on.

It's your car, so you can obviously do what you want, but just realize that super loud exhausts get obnoxious during long highway trips. The drone can drive you mad if it's too loud.

Last edited:

CachFr001

so what if I just do the resonator delete will it sound really raspy or just make it louder and deep.

CHILD

All Day, All JDM
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Just buy a full 3" exhaust. Not just a damn muffler. Then it'll be louder

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
It will sound like garbage with that fake N1 and resonator delete. Mine came with that set up and it was terrible. Typical cliché ricer exhaust is what you will get. If that is what you are after :thumbs up

Btw that cheap muffler will not stay deep for long. Usually once they break in they get annoyingly loud. 3 kids here at work thought they were the s*** when they got theirs. Forward 6 months and they all sound like typical raspy coffee can mufflers and all 3 are talking about having me order good brand name stuff.

Last edited:

Bhikku

Mud, Blood, Beer
Registered VIP
It will sounds like garbage with that fake N1 and resonator delete. Mine came with that set up and it was terrible. Typical cliché ricer exhaust is what you will get. If that is what you are after :thumbs up

Btw that cheap muffler will not stay deep for long. Usually once they break in they get annoyingly loud. 3 kids here at work thought they were the s*** when they got theirs. Forward 6 months and they all sound like typical raspy coffee can mufflers and all 3 are talking about having me order good brand name stuff.
all of this^^^^^

my93civic

Maybe the op likes what a swarm of bees in a can sounds like. Thats the sound of power

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk 2

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Unless you put on a new exhaust, you're not going to achieve your results. Removing your resonator will sound louder, but will not sound good. I know you're looking for an easy/cheap solution, but there isn't one.