Low gas idiot light not lighting.

MP1975

My low gas light has been out a few months , it did work, and I just thought it was a burnt bulb.
I just switched to Led and thought it a good time to replaced the low gas bulb , with a regular bulb, and it didn't work.
I swapped the seat belt socket and bulb with the low gas socket and bulb and the seat belt light came on so now I know the bulb and socket are good. The low gas light still didn't work.
For the hell of it I put a Led bulb in the low gas socket and tried it. Because it is polarity sensitive it stays lit when put in the wrong way so I know it's getting juice.
Any help / suggestions would be very helpful.
Tks,
MP.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Have you just not gone low enough on fuel to trigger the light?

You could try this troubleshooting method?

MP1975

Thanks much I'll give that a shot.

Shouldn't the low gas light come on when starting the car like the check engine light ? I sure hope I'm not chasing my tail around for no reason. lol

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member

Shouldn't the low gas light come on when starting the car like the check engine light ? I sure hope I'm not chasing my tail around for no reason. lol
Honestly I'm not sure. Mine never came on ever. I even ran out of gas once (parked on a hill and wouldn't start in the morning) :lol:

Can anyone else who currently owns a Civic confirm this? @HeX ?

Turbo_Freak

BAMF
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member

No. it does not come on with the other lights. Mine works and comes on from time to time. :/

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
why let it get that far to let the light have a chance to come on? Your working that fuel pumps ass off for no reason.

MP1975

Turbo - I never knew that. I always thought to 2 amber lights, check engine and low gas, came on for a second when you first started the car and the red colored lights stayed on when the ignition in in Aux. Thanks for clearing that up.

R3dline - I never let my car get below 1/4 tank. For the exact reason you stated.