Low idle and stalling

Hondafreak513

Ok first time in this forum. My dad and I picked up him a 96 civic dx to drive. The motor was shot so we picked up a new motor. Well he wanted it to have a little more power than the old DX y7 motor so we found a jdm obd1 zc. After doing the wire work and changing a few things we go it installed. Now this was 2 weeks ago and we have been fighting this issue the whole time. When you first start the car it doesn't idle up to 1500ish rpms like it should when first started. It just goes to 1000 and idles fine for about 3-5 minutes then starts idling down low real low. Then it jumps up to around 1200 rpms and then it will stall. Once it does this and you start it back up again it won't run long til it will stall out again and again etc.... hell we can hardly bleed the coolant cause the engine will die out every 2 minutes. Gotta have someone in the car at all times to restart it while I pump the air out of the coolant. We have changed/replaced every part on the motor. Iacv, fitv, map, fpr, ect, fan temp sensor, spark plugs, thermostat, the list goes on. This car has us both about to sell it someone please help lol thanks.

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
What ECU did you use? If its not the ZC OBD1 ECU then thats your problem.

Hondafreak513

Well I called my tuner and she told me that it sounds like it's not getting and air through the butterfly when the iacv shuts. And to adjust the throttle bump stop, so I did and now it idles like a charm.