Low pitch Squeaking noise coming from the rear 1999 civic.

2000HondaSI

With no help from honda-tech.com I have came here to seek help. I have this low pitch squeaking noise coming from my rear passenger side. The weird thing is when I drive my car for the first 20 minutes everyday it doesn't make any noise then after a while it starts to make the noise. its been at it for about a week now and usually only occurs when im going around 30 mph and also when I start to slow down. Everyday I drive it it sounds fine but after a while it starts to act up, any information you guys could input?

Here is a link of the noise, I believe this is under the Trailing arm? correct me if I'm wrong.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...55446839344556

2000HondaSI

9 Views no replies? my hope is drifting away from forumz :(

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
9 Views no replies? my hope is drifting away from forumz :(
It's likely all those views were from lurkers NOT members. Members have lives and aren't on here 24/7 waiting for someone to ask a question that has been asked 1000000000 times so they can answer it yet again. Not saying that yours has been asked, its just a statement. That being said, it's sunday and most members are with their families or have the day off (a very large bulk of the members only post in the evenings or while at work).

Your question is one that needs someone there to answer. You can't find a noise by reading words on a forum, it's impossible. You need a person physically there to pinpoint the sound. Get a friend, family member, etc to help you out, or take it to a shop.

Links to videos don't really help because there is a lot of background noise present and it is very hard to narrow it down, plus most people don't like clicking on links to external sources. That's the nature of the beast.

All that will happen here is guessing. Wastes your time and those that post. Guessing also leads to wasted money as well as it tends to promote throwing parts at a problem until it is solved.

2000HondaSI

just thought someone here would be able to diagnose the symptoms. Thanks anyways.