Low RPMs

Alonsotl05

Respected
Hello everyone I'm new to the forums although I've been looking through them for a while now. Anyway I have a 00' Civic ex completely stock and lately the RPM's have been going really low when I press the clutch in. I decided to do a tune up and oil change to see if it would change anything and nothing. I cleaned the IACV and it got even worse. As soon as I start the car it revs up like usual then drops to about 200-300 RPM's. If I press on the clutch it stalls and dies. I've read other similar posts but I've tried all the suggestions mentioned on them. Anyone have any idea what this could be? I appreciate the help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alonsotl05

Respected
*update: it dies as soon as I give it gas unless I keep driving it and gain speed. As I'm driving if I put it in neutral it goes straight to 0 and dies

PaciDrifter

Respected
i remember once when my battery died in my car, after getting it charged again (i guess the ECU Reset) the car was acting up all weird the next couple of 100km.. it would almost stall at idle as well if not giving it any gas. It went away tho, but i can't really point out what it could be in your case.. Don't know that much yet as i'm only 18 hehe. Cheers mate ;)

Otto85

Could be a bad iacv motor, the "door" that the motor opens could be gunked up so when you cleaned it it's gotten stuck closed. Try adjusting it out and back in a couple times the adjustment should be a square bit on the opposite side from the connector, keep in mind by adjusting the iacv you will be adjusting the cold idle

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Alonsotl05

Respected
I couldn't adjust it the square bit was too rusted. I put everything back together and now my check engine light came on and everything is still the same

Alonsotl05

Respected
I won't be able to post the codes until Wednesday or Thursday because of my crazy work schedule unfortunately. I did however order a new IACV I'll get it in a few days hopefully it fixes my idle issue.

Otto85

Definitely pull codes it only take about 4 mins at worst

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Alonsotl05

Respected
Sorry this update took so long but here goes. I ordered the IACV off eBay and paid express shipping only it hasn't arrived yet so I just ordered it through auto zone and had it within 2 days.. so I'm now waiting to get my money refunded from eBay.. anyway! I replaced the IACV today with the new one I got. The Check engine light was no longer showing and my idling problem has been fixed! It stays at 1k rpm when I let off the gas instead of just dropping straight to 0 when I drive. It still lowers a tad bit when I press the clutch in sometimes when driving but it only goes as low as around 700-800 rpms. Which is not bad but I'll have to look into that some other time. Might have something to do with my clutch idk. So apparently my IACV went bad.. idk how but oh well ‍♂. At least my problem is now solved and I can actually drive my car. thank you guys for the input and suggestions.