Lower arm bushing question

Fusion158

I was checking my brake rotors this morning to see if they were warped (they are so will need to rotors :( ) and I decided to have a quick look around to see if I could see anything that might need work soon. When I looked at the bushing on the front left lower control arm I noticed that the rubber was cracked more than on the right and looks to be torn a bit. I have included a pic below. Would I need to replace these urgently or could it wait a month or so until after my trip home to Ireland? Also, any recommendations on what to replace them with? I don't mind replacing all the bushings on the car if it would be better in the long run. As for as I know they are the original bushings, the car is an 04 Civic EX.

DeathLens

EM1 Crew
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
replace it with oem but that's nothing serious.

Fusion158

After talking to some other people I am going to leave it for a month or so but will eventually replace them with Energy Suspension bushings as they will give a better ride and last a lot longer.

N/A

N/A WorkRacer
If you wait you will be wearing down your tires, ball joints, cv axles, bearings, brakes, motor mounts and struts faster than normal and your performance and gas-mileage is going to suffer.

Get the black energy suspension bushings not the red ones. The red is what I got and it is noisy on a really hard bump.

Rubber has a life of about 7-10 years. If your bushings are worn they are probably all worn or ruined this means you should do the rear also and if you have not already I would do the ball joints, bushings and struts, front and rear, at the same time in order to get the most out of your suspension for the longest! I would make sure I did all that before I would buy 4 new tires and then immediately get a 4 wheel alignment. After all that your suspension should be top notch. I did not do this and now I wish I did! Let me know what you decide or if you have any questions.