Lower Control Arm Nut Jammed

lobotomizer

5+ Year Member
Hi

My lower control arm bushing are very loose, but the front nut just turn free when i want to take it out, it's not locked in the frame anymore at the other side....no way to lock the other side ??? :(

Do you have an advice to take out the nut and not doing a hole in the frame to reach the other side ?????

my last solution is to cut the nut at each side of the control arm, bring out the control arm, make a hole to pass a key in the frame to reteain the nut of a new screw...

Raabe

Hell yea I suck toes!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
the nut jsut spins in place? i think...

i dont 100% understand what your saying...

Raabe

Hell yea I suck toes!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
sounds like the bolt is broken in the middle. so the head spins, but the end stays put. correct?

just cut the bolt, drop the control arm, then try to tap out the other end. then buy a new bolt, and use a nut on the other side. i just had to deal with a similar problem.

Raabe

Hell yea I suck toes!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
then take a screw driver, and a hammer, tap it untill it wont go any farther. then while keep pressue on the screwdriver, try to unscrew

Raabe

Hell yea I suck toes!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
what im thinkiing is that you dont know the bolt has a LOOOONNNGG middle section where theres NO threads on it. your thinking you have to unscrew a lot, but its only a small amount.

$5 says you can pull it the rest of the way out

lobotomizer

5+ Year Member
try to lock the nut by the little hole in the frame...fail..., the in frame section have really detach from the frame and its innaccessible

cut the nut, the part in the frame fall in it somewhere

will cut an access hole and replace with new screw and nut

I have 4 cars and the honda is always the one the less repair friendly... my caravan, intrepid and my lada niva (yes a lada 4x4) are so easy to repair !!! but the civic has always something jammed or inaccessible... at least doesnt broke a lot...

Raabe

Hell yea I suck toes!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i had to cut mine too