LSV vs GSR vs B16

mindlessadven

Right now just sort of stuck with which way to go. I have a full B18b, a full B18C1, and a B16 head. I see a lot of arguments on LSV is just a hassle, and then that a GSR bottem end with a B16 head is the better way. Not asking to build my car but just pros and cons. Want to make well over 700Hp, was going to get the LS block sent out and sleeve it to 84 or 84.5mm and also send out either the GSR or B16 head and get new valves, etc, set it up for turbo. This is a street car but will occasionally be at the track, would love to see it in the tens. Just need a little idea one which motor to even begin at.

stcopley

Trollin in the Deep
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Research is your friend man. Going to need to dig up a lot of old threads and a lot of money to reach those goals. Any engine choice with that much horsepower is going to have a lot of hassle.

Good luck though. Any choice shouldn't make a difference when trying to obtain that power.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
LS crank is going to give you a little more torque, not really going to matter which path you choose. All of those combos will hit your goal in the end. It's going to come down to how well your car is setup at the track and how good your driving is.

Diana Nam

Respected
Registered VIP
you can build all 3 and have same hp, but key difference that will come into play will be displacment and torque. fun facts non vtec engine has a bit more torque then vtec engine does. vtec gave you a increase in power on top end. majority of your power are realized in the higher rpm band.