Manifolds and injectors

Captain VTEC

Hi all, just wondering what intake and exhaust manifolds you are using? at the stage of buying manifolds for my B20 hatch, thinking of going with Mugen Jasma headers and a Skunk2 pro series intake manifold with standard B16 injectors until I get the block re-sleeved . Just looking for some opinions =)

mc360

boosted hx
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I don't think you need different injectors for an n/a b20, just stick with what's on the motor already. I can't comment on manifolds besides that skunk 2 manifolds have press fit water fittings that like to come out sometimes, maybe tap the hole and buy a threaded fitting or buy an edelbrock manifold.

Captain VTEC

I don't think you need different injectors for an n/a b20, just stick with what's on the motor already. I can't comment on manifolds besides that skunk 2 manifolds have press fit water fittings that like to come out sometimes, maybe tap the hole and buy a threaded fitting or buy an edelbrock manifold.
Thanks man, I'll look into the eldebrock manifolds =)

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
Because the stock sleeves are notoriously weak and I plan on boosting it so they will be no good
So why are you wasting money on a header when you're going to be boosting it anyway?

Are you planning on making a lot of power?

I know why you are getting it sleeved, I was trying to allude to that fact that you are going to be wasting money on something you aren't going to be using in the end.

Captain VTEC

So why are you wasting money on a header when you're going to be boosting it anyway?

Are you planning on making a lot of power?

I know why you are getting it sleeved, I was trying to allude to that fact that you are going to be wasting money on something you aren't going to be using in the end.
Sorry for being a bit unclear here, I have more than 1 b series and the b16 I plan to leave na once I get a shell for it and thought may as well get a good manifold and use it on the b20 before I boost it

Captain VTEC

Basically just want to know what manifolds are best for an na b series as I will be running the b20 na until I have all the parts to turbo it and then the b16 I have in the garage will be getting put into a shell and left na so will be keeping the na headers for that, sorry if the post was unclear =)

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
An LS/B20 header will sit low on a B16 engine, something to look out for.

I feel that bolt ons are kind of a waste of time on a b series as far as price per hp. I wouldn't waste money there that could go into solidifying your turbo car.

Captain VTEC

An LS/B20 header will sit low on a B16 engine, something to look out for.

I feel that bolt ons are kind of a waste of time on a b series as far as price per hp. I wouldn't waste money there that could go into solidifying your turbo car.
Thanks for the advice man =) I will just use the standard exhaust manifold off the b16 then and buy a good turbo manifold for the b20 now I think and then decide on what turbo system I am going to use =)