Master cylinder replacement? Need help!

MX'$MXVILLV

if I don't fix my master cylinder, What's the worst that could happen? And if I ended up replacing it, would you suggest a brake line replacement also?

I got an inspection done to the 96 coupe DX that I've got, and just had a couple inquiries!

Some help would be great!

Joe Mason

Respected
Registered VIP
Hi, welcome to CC. If your brake master cylinder is bad you should replace it. Why would you not? I think the worst that could happen would be the inability to stop your vehicle.

MX'$MXVILLV

fair enough. don't know too too much about mechanics so i thought i'd inquire. and thanks! the help is much appreciated. also, the mechanic said that i should consider replacing the rear shoes and drums. what service should i have done first if i can't get it done all at once? replace master cylinder or brake shoes and drums, which first?!

Thanks!

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Depends... bad master cylinder could cause your car to not run. Bad drums / shoes could cause your car to not stop....

BUT I suppose that if you can't get it running, it's already stopped, right? Do the master cylinder first.

:welcome:

MX'$MXVILLV

What other parts would I need if I was getting into a rear disc conversion? Figured if I'm doing the rear brakes, I'll do my first mod. Thinking about the 2000 sir rear disc conversion. What other stuff would I need? Is it a straight bolt on?

mc360

boosted hx
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Do some googling, way to many disk brake conversion diy out there