1. New Forum Software:
    We have finally upgraded the forum software due to it being so outdated. If you are having any issues with new forum please let us know. Please post any issues in this thread http://www.clubcivic.com/forum/threads/clubcivic-com-forum-upgrade.227221/

metal shavings in cylinder head

Discussion in 'Engine Tech / Drivetrain' started by cbaker1213, Jan 4, 2009.

Welcome to ClubCivic a Honda Civic Forum

Club Civic is an online Honda Civic forum and community for all Honda Civic enthusiasts. Whether you own a Honda Civic Si, Ex, Type R, Dx, Lx, Cx, Dx, Vx, or even a hybrid you will find valuable information and honda civic car parts on this site. Take a look around to view Honda Civic discussion; including a photo gallery, maintenance information, tech tips, as well as ways to get better performance from your Honda Civic. Visit the Members Ride's to view and rate other member’s Honda Civics. Click here to start viewing the Honda Civic Forums. Before you start posting on this site you will need to register. If you are already registered and not logged in, please login here.

Browse the forums by generation by clicking below or browse all honda civic forums.

1. cbaker1213

cbaker1213 New Member 5+ Year Member

Nov 16, 2008
    I just had my head resurfaced, they took of .007 inches. Now i have metal shavings in my cylinder head. how do i clean this out?

I have shavings in the oil passages and coolant jacket, as well as a little bit around the valve passages (in the intake manifold).

is a chemical bath the only way? i tried using my air compressor to blow it out but it wont break loose. how do i clean these shavings out of my engine?
  2. cheezeonmakneez

cheezeonmakneez love unicorns Registered VIP Registered OG 5+ Year Member 10+ Year Member

Feb 4, 2004
    Take it back to the shop and tell to complete the procedure.
  3. jdm jim

jdm jim New Member Registered VIP 5+ Year Member

Dec 6, 2008
    x2 thats part of the job, if not compessed air and brake cleaner might work.