Metallic Rattling

xTLRxPrototype

1999 Honda Civic EX 4dr

Just recently i started hearing this rattling sound when i pressed on the gas pedal. The noise doesnt happen when the car is idle, only when i hit the gas. I could be on park and hit the gas and it still makes the noise. It sounds like its coming from the ac compressor area (its not the ac compressor i just got that fixed and knows what it sounds like). I thought it could be the heat shield on the exaust manifold shaking. Any thoughts? Has this happened to anyone else. And its not loud, when im going over 35mph its still there its just blocked out by the noise of the car. Thanks.

It rattles.

Last edited by a moderator:

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I would assume the heatshield too. Have you taken them off to confirm?

mc360

boosted hx
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
its most likely a heatshield, i always remove mine from under the car and make sure the one on the manifold is tight. maybe you catalytic convert might be plugged but you would notice a power loss most likely

xTLRxPrototype

its most likely a heatshield, i always remove mine from under the car and make sure the one on the manifold is tight. maybe you catalytic convert might be plugged but you would notice a power loss most likely
What do you mean about the catalytic converter

mc360

boosted hx
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
What do you mean about the catalytic converter
When my cat plugged up it sounded like sand in the motor when driving and had a huge power loss, if you dont have a power loss then most likely not the cat but just thought i would throw it out there