Modifying

Simmba

I want to modify my 2009 Civic EX Auto. I only have $70 and am looking for cheap parts that add some power. Can anybody help me out here?

Last edited:

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
$70? You're beat.... maybe an ebay intake.... but you won't really see any power difference.

Save up chief!

s_crowley 17

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I would save that 70 dollars and put it towards something more useful..

or

Get an intake as said above.. I would just get a k&n Intake filter..

Simmba

Thanks. One more question once i get some cash what are some quick mods i can put on? Like lets say $200-$500.

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
There arent any substantial power gainers that you can get for an auto. The trans just wont hold up under power. And 200-500 isnt really that much. You might be able to get a used header and muffler for that price. But an intake, header, and muffler arent going to do more than change the exhaust tone.

purpej1

honda fiend
Registered VIP
70 thats gas and a car wash....lol but no bolt ons add any noticeable power honestly and a tranny swap for a 8th gen dats gonna cost more den building a gsr motor

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Dude an auto to manual swap is just out of the question. For cheaper than the price of your car, and an auto to manual swap, you could buy like an 06 or 07 Si. Do that instead.

HiPowerMtrsprts

5+ Year Member
save your money, dont waste it on ebay junk
easiest thing would be to get an intake but like AEM or Injen or K&N

99civiclx

5+ Year Member
Intakes sound good so they give the impression of more power. For $70 dollars, an intake would probably give you the most gains, however, for the money. Plus they look good! I like short ram intakes, but that's just me.

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Ummm Im hoping you mean trade your car for a 95 plus cash.

NIKE H34D

Slow and Loving It
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Simmba, either your a troll or you are just a spoiled rotten 16 year old........

Have you thought about maybe something thats not a civic?

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I agree with Nike, his WHOLE post. You dont know what the f**k you want. You go from modding your car, to a transmission swap, to trading it for a car that is 14 years older. Figure out what the f**k you want, and THEN act on it.