moni mufflers

jimboe_29036

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Had a bad experience with outfit named Revshot racing.com on E-bay..
They sold as RevShot Racing.com and billed credit card as Air Dynamic racing.com---never shipped item[a muffler] but ouick to bill credit card.-----Anyone out there done business with these outfits

knockoff

you can call me ABE
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
note to self: stay away from airdynamicracing.com

brother_nick88

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Aw s**t i wish i saw this post earlier...... i just bought a muffler from revshotracing today. What do you do if they dont ship your order?

defvayne

Set This World On Blaze!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
call your credit card company let them now what happend and tell them to cancel payment or hold till further notice.

brother_nick88

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I just placed the order today, but if they didnt ship i would cancel it? with the credit card company?

jimboe_29036

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
My experience was that they don't ship until the credit card co. bills you and if you pay it then you can't dispute it later if it never comes-- I did finally did get it after I disputed the credit charge and long distance phone charges- &-by the way they don't fit--you will have to weld up size adapter for inlet pipe and a bracket to hold it in place and they are not worth the trouble to install. Furthermore are too damn loud- GOOD LUCK

brother_nick88

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thanks for the info man.... but about that loud thing like is it extreme high noise, or a loud deep noise?

jimboe_29036

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
if you get on it--the cops will pull you----like a loud Honda motorcycle with a burnt out muffler. Higher pitch than a Ford or Chevy V8 with no rap-back when you back off---to pass inspection you'll need to change it back !! AS I said it's not worth the trouble and the increase H/p claim is pure B.S. You may gain a few horses if you went to a headers back exhaust but you run into the inspection problem and also upset the O2 sensor etc You would have to run dyno tests to match proper piping size and length as the NASCAR shops do to get the gains. [At least that's what the one's around Charlotte do that run pro car set-ups] The inlet size of 2 1/2inches is too much

brother_nick88

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well i won the bid on it..... but im not sure how long it will take. i am asking for tracking numbers so they dont slack off with the shipping. But for the nosie part i will have to wait to see what its like. I just mainley bought the muffler because its smaller than the one i have and the looks also.

jimboe_29036

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well I wish you good luck---if you get it tell me how you mounted it. I am not at all happy with my installation . Are you going to use a heat shield ? and how did you adapt the 2 1/2 inch inlet diameter of the muffler to the 1 1/2 inch tailpipe?

brother_nick88

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ok i will let you know when i iget it. I have a Muffler already on my car with that same size inlet.. we just had to do alot of welding to make it fit, but there are adapters to make it that size also, but i would rather have a coffee can muffler than a dual tiped muffler, they don't look good on civics, unless it like a bigger car like a integra or something like that.

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Re: Shady experience w/ Revshot too

Is there anyone out there who managed to get the product they bought? How did you do it? [/B][/QUOTE]

I got my CAI but I had to send neutral reviews and stay on their asses. Took about six weeks but I got the whole system for 28.95 shipped.

jimboe_29036

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
After much hassle, phone calls etc found the real name for the outfit is air dynamic racing-{that's who bills you}---Rev Shot racing is the alias they use on e-Bay. I finally got the order after much delay and credit card dispute[credit card people pushed it thru] It did not fit after arriving and I gave it up as a lesson on not to buy from e-Bay unless they accept PayPal. If you pay by check or money order I suspect that you will never see your order!!!

brother_nick88

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Well i got a tracking number and its on the way, i didnt have as much trouble as you did thank got im not the kind of person that can wait for things.... well when i get it ill let you know how the install went prob not till next week