Motor and Tranny Swap

t-ho

Hey there guys.

I love my 95 DX but i am really not liking the low power output of the d15b7. I want to change the motor and tranny to something with a little more power, something i can actually chirp the tires on. But at the same time I dont have a huge bank to play with. Anyone have any suggestions?

Bigmeech45

well all i can say is any motor swap is going to cost you 1000-5000 dollars the cheapest motor swap you could do is a d16 vtec , because you wouldnt have to swap the trannys the motors run for about 800-950, then you will have to buy a p28 ecu ,wiring harness , motor mounts so anything is going to run you easily around 1000-5000 depending which motor you want

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
well all i can say is any motor swap is going to cost you 1000-5000 dollars the cheapest motor swap you could do is a d16 vtec , because you wouldnt have to swap the trannys the motors run for about 800-950, then you will have to buy a p28 ecu ,wiring harness , motor mounts so anything is going to run you easily around 1000-5000 depending which motor you want
He isn't going to need motor mounts or a new wiring harness. He will need to wire in vtec and have his ecu chipped with a p28 basemap.

OP

You need the longblock
Have your current ecu chipped by phearable or xenocron
Learn how to wire in vtec (plenty of info on the webz)

lscivic48

your best bet would be an obd1 b18a1. no wire harness change, technically you can run the stock ecu but you need to change axles, shifter linkage and mounts. I did mine for under 1000 plus this swap gives you the biggest gains for the least amount of bucks. plus highly tuneable and parts are easily interchangeable.