motor mount difficulty

hondacutie

1. how many motor mounts are in a 2006 honda civic coupe LX?
2. What does one exactly look like?

i'm having difficulty trying to buy a motor mount for my honda. i was told that it was the bottom motor mount on the passenger side that needs replacing. ok easy enough. but then when i start looking for them i see various different names for them. does the motor mount only support the engine or the engine AND transmission?... because im seeing ones that say "torque" or just "mount" or including "transmission" in the title (im trying to learn more about my car so bear with me if i sound a little dumb because i dont know much :()

also im either finding just the mounts or i get directed to a page that has a diagram of how to assemble the mount i guess. do i need to buy it like that and assemble it or can i just buy the mount that is being displayed?

i need to get this fixed asap because after months of people telling me this and that about why the engine was rattling ive wasted too much time and im paranoid the engine will drop smh. if anyone can help its much appreciated.

HondaLuv3r4Life

RE: How many engine mounts for 2006 lx coupe

both the coupe and sedan have 3 mounts. One in the back of the engine, the front passenger side(hydraulic) mount, and the front transmission mount on the drivers side. Just so happens I have to replace the drivers side tranny mount, its causing jerky shifting and clunking when letting out the clutch. Just make sure you get the right mounts based on if you have the auto or manual tranny, I have the manual so the manual mounts don't work with the auto tranny etc....

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thread is 2 years old dude. OP is long gone.