Muffler options: '96 Civic CX

steviesmallfry

Respected
I know this has been posted ad nauseam, and I have searched and searched...

What is a good muffler for a 96 Civic CX hatch? I've seen people say Flowmaster, Dynomax, Magnaflow, GReddy, etc.... I'm looking for deep tone, no bumblebee or high drone. I know I won't get the same sound as the Super 44 Flowmasters on my old truck, but I'd like to be closer to that than a fart can.

Thanks!

newguy96

Respected
I just put a borla xr1 race muffler 2 1/2" on my 96lx I love it. It's not rediculously loud its deep and its straight through so you get the most power.

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I've been thoroughly happy with my used RSX-S muffler.

5SpeedEJ6

Respected
Registered VIP
Apexi WS2 is the only thing that comes to mind with a low rumble and not fart can ish. Spendy though.

CivicEx'00

I know this has been posted ad nauseam, and I have searched and searched...

What is a good muffler for a 96 Civic CX hatch? I've seen people say Flowmaster, Dynomax, Magnaflow, GReddy, etc.... I'm looking for deep tone, no bumblebee or high drone. I know I won't get the same sound as the Super 44 Flowmasters on my old truck, but I'd like to be closer to that than a fart can.

Thanks!
I have a YONAKA catback and I'm more than happy with it. Loud and deep when you want it to be but not so much to give you a headache. It sounds great at all RPM levels and virtually not noticeable on the highway.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk