My '89 Si Hatch

SiMAC

This is my car from beginning to now.

[/IMG]
plain jane.

[/IMG]

[/IMG]
Painted the steelies, got a rack from a friend. The rack is now destickered.

[/IMG]
Some HID's for some better lighting.

[/IMG]
Painted the wheels again, Pin stripped the Side molding for the SiR look.

Plans for the car
I've got a ZCwith a Z6 head waiting for winter to get over to drop in, hope to boost it by summer.
Get skunk 2 coils.
JDM conversion Bumbers and panels.
Wheels still unsure of at the moment.
Corbeau Racing seats.
Spoon rep mirrors in the mail.
Carbon fiber hood and hatch.

Car is stripped. I'll get interior pics up soon.
That's pretty much it.

civexspeedy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
If only people knew if the amazing potential for these cars...

Nice pick up.

SiMAC

Well if by "potential" you are talking about by tracking the car, I am in fact doing that as well. Well autocross anyways. I know these cars are made for handling amazingly I test that out almost every weekend. Ha

civexspeedy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member

SiMAC

Well, I'm using it as a daily driver as well, I've been hunting down suspension for awhile, I've heard a lot of good things about Koni shocks. I know that will be the main focus on the street touring part of it. motor wise, I've only got a d15 in it now, non Vtec which I run pretty quick runs on the courses but I just think a little "umph" will help me shave some seconds. I know street touring wise Power is not everything it's definitely brakes and suspension. so I'll check out the info you sent me. Not a lot on my list up there is rock solid plans. except for the JDM conversions, I think they just look better.

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If only people knew if the amazing potential for these cars...

Nice pick up.
i know about it. Actually, i know about the potential of every Honda car.

Nice Civic man.

SiMAC

[IMG]

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/l486/Macharris23/FxCam_1324234071274.jpg[/IMG]

OBX Intake Manifold
[/IMG]

Once I get longer studs all 4 will be mounted. Still rockin' steelies until then.

95CTR

52mpg? I do it all day.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
thats what up man, looks like your doing the same things i am with my CX but mines an EG, lol i just told a guy in another post that if i could find an EF in similar condition to mine id trade in a heartbeat.

looks great, as far as the HID's id just put in a set of Hella's thats what i have for now until i do my retro fit.
which btw the retro fit is the way to go IMO and they dont blind on comers

keep up the legit work.

SiMAC

[/IMG]

I am considering black housing headlights, I had an extra set so I made one. Opinions?

SiMAC

[/IMG]
Rear disc swap
[/IMG]
New rotors
I got bored this weekend and did this
[/IMG]
and did black housing headlights and installed some fogs
[/IMG]

95CTR

52mpg? I do it all day.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
like the headlights, look really good, but id have mounted the fogs as far to the outside edge as i could.

SiMAC

I would have mounted the fogs further apart, but I didn't have a drill for the bumper support and there wasn't enough extra plastic to screw into on the inside of the outer part of the bumper, if that makes sense hah.

I thought it deleted my original thread so I started a new one.

95CTR

52mpg? I do it all day.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yeah that makes sense, i had the same issue when i did WRC style fogs on my 94 Celica i use to hav, so i ended up just making a bar to mount them all to then installing that behind the bumper (took bumper off, mounted it, put bumper back on)

im thinking about starting a build thread here in a few minutes sense i havent started one, i just havent messed with my interior yet, cause its too windy out there.

SiMAC

yea my interior needs some work still, but I'm gutting the rest of the back, it's got no back seats. then I'm going to sand it all and paint the inside, ordering new seats come tax season. because I believe I've got some crappy integra ones in it now that are falling apart. so I'm going to get some Corbeau seats.

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The '89 is my favorite 4th gen Si, pillar mount belts for US cars and best looking stock SI seats EVER, which sadly I see you don't have.

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
clean car, lose the fogs tho, looks terrible

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I wish I had the stock seats :(
Best Si seats EVER!
These are the ridiculously mint set I used to own, pulled them from an estate auction sale '89 Civic Si w/34k original miles on it. Car had been sitting for some time but interior was mint!