My '89 Si Hatch

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Is it for fashion or function?
I'm not a fan of these seats, but if you necessitate them for road coarse racing or something, then i can understand.

SiMAC

They're for Function, I run Autocross, trying to get more weight off, taking he passenger out too.

CF hood and fenders are coming next.

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
CF hood and fenders are coming next.
The hood I can understand. You can def feel the difference between the stock steel hood and CD one. The fenders are a waste of money since the stock ones are paper thin and weigh nothing to begin with.

SiMAC

The hood I can understand. You can def feel the difference between the stock steel hood and CD one. The fenders are a waste of money since the stock ones are paper thin and weigh nothing to begin with.
I am going for looks too, I honestly don't care if it's pointless. I'm getting a CF hatch as well. I recently rusted my hood, I know hate away. But it makes the car look very aggressive. the hood was filled with dents from hail as well, found out it was bondo-ed as well. so before you all fly off the handle about it, keep that in mind.

my fenders I also sharpie bombed with monsters, I'll show pics you guys may or may not like them. But oh well. I'm sure you Mr. Baker will hate it, you're all about that OEM which is cool, but I think OEM can get a little bland sometimes.

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I am going for looks too, I honestly don't care if it's pointless. I'm getting a CF hatch as well. I recently rusted my hood, I know hate away. But it makes the car look very aggressive. the hood was filled with dents from hail as well, found out it was bondo-ed as well. so before you all fly off the handle about it, keep that in mind.

my fenders I also sharpie bombed with monsters, I'll show pics you guys may or may not like them. But oh well. I'm sure you Mr. Baker will hate it, you're all about that OEM which is cool, but I think OEM can get a little bland sometimes.
I have a CF hood and amber corners, so to clarify, the car does not have to be OEM for me to like it, it just needs to be tastefully modded.
It has nothing to do with "hate", it's that I simply don't find hipster trends like rusted hoods, sticker bombing, or the stance movement/"hellaflush" (whatever the new cool name for it is) to be appealing.

SiMAC

I have a CF hood and amber corners, so to clarify, the car does not have to be OEM for me to like it, it just needs to be tastefully modded.
It has nothing to do with "hate", it's that I simply don't find hipster trends like rusted hoods, sticker bombing, or the stance movement/"hellaflush" (whatever the new cool name for it is) to be appealing.

I do like the look of some of it in small does, I enjoy a nice "stanced" car, hellaflush on ED/EF's doesn't look good though. so I will just be low but funtional. But like I said I'm getting an CF hood soon, my other hood was junk so I rusted it.

not for the trend aspect of it. I've grown up around old muscle cars with my Dad, but more like "Ratrod" kind of stuff. which is why I like the rust look.

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I've grown up around old muscle cars with my Dad, but more like "Ratrod" kind of stuff. which is why I like the rust look.
Same here.
I enjoy the regular non import/ricer shows much more than typical Honda meets.
Love to see muscle cars and the imaginative, rusted, rat rods.
I just feel that is where the rat rod look should stay and where it looks best.
=)

SiMAC

Same here.
I enjoy the regular non import/ricer shows much more than typical Honda meets.
Love to see muscle cars and the imaginative, rusted, rat rods.
I just feel that is where the rat rod look should stay and where it looks best.
=)
Well, I'll get some pics taken, you might light it on an ED7 who knows!

SiMAC

Mini tripod! I wasn't pulling crazy ones like everyone else. Although, everyone else had street tires, I was on all seasons.

SiMAC

I spun a bearing, car's been down for almost 2 weeks now. I miss driving it so much. on the plus side, I got a full Z6 instead of the minime, bought a new head mildly bored out. z6 bottom end is ready for boost if I choose to go that way. So we shall see what happens. Almost got her back to life, got the block mounted, just gotta get the head torqued down plug everything back in and she'll be running hard.

on the plus side with my motor out, I had a chance to degrease my bay, it's white again! LOL

SiMAC

Well getting real tired of this cursed car.

Getting rid of it soon, if you want it.

shoot me an offer for the shell.

reg_lus

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Nice art on the fenders but not really my style. Why is the hood all rusted?

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I really dig the fender art man!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk